Does anyone work at the GAP as sales (part time)?

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi ladies!

Please help...as although I'm in the financial background, I thought doing a retail job part time before I find my 'proper' job would be a fun way to spend the time....does anyone of you all work at the GAP? How is it?
    And, what kinda attire do you wear for interviews like these? :shrugs:

TIA!

2. ^^ are you going to the group interview? I was offered a seasonal position as a SA last summer but turned it down for BBW. I've had friends who worked at the Gap--the discounts are pretty fabulous (50% off a certain number of items each month then 30% off everything after you reach the max items for 50%). I wore a Gap corduroy blazer (I think the one Veronica Mars has) and brown suede Prada boots with a brown leather skirt I believe.

good luck!

3. thanks uhkiwi! it sounds like fun (the discounts) I wonder if it applies to BR too since it's owned by the same company?
    well..thanks for the tips..I'm not sure if I'm going tomorrow..hehe

4. Hi minami. I worked part time at the Gap in college (several years ago). The discount is the best part of the job! You only get the 50% discount at the Gap, but you can get 30% off at BR and Old Navy (I'm assuming this hasn't changed since I worked there). I never made much money, because the pay isn't great and I was always buying things with my discount, but it wasn't a bad job. I just wore Gap clothing to my interview - nothing fancy - just jeans and a sweater.