Does anyone wear their Sabrina with the long shoulder strap???

September24

Je m'aime
Dec 26, 2008
I saw a woman at the mall this weekend and she had a large Sabrina. She was using the long strap on her shoulder instead of keeping it tucked under the bag and carrying it in the crook of her arm. Does anyone else do this? I know the bag is made that way, so you can wear it either way, but it just made her (Sabrina) look so silly, like she desicrated her or something! Instead of being nice and plump she was square and strange looking! I have a Steel Sabrina and I would never wear her like that!

Now, that's MHO so I don't mean to offend anyone. Just trying to get opinions!:sunshine:

i have on ocassion when i really need to but just out of convenience. it doesnt look nearly as pretty. there is one girl at work who always carries it this way plus i saw a lady at loblaws w it on her shoulder

Really! I might need to take her out then and just look at her. That is honestly the first one I have seen worn like that (or maybe just noticed). I just love the way the plump satchel"lly" Sabrina looks.

I almost always use the handles and have only used the shoulder strap a time or two when my hands are full and it's a necessity. I agree with you though, I like the look of it better as a satchel by far.

That's actually the reason that I'm hesitating about buying a Sabrina - I don't love the look of it when it's carried as a shoulder bag, but I want the option to carry it like that! I don't know what to do. :sad:

I have the small and yes I wear it both ways. I have to have the capability of putting it up on my shoulder if I need to, which is one of the reasons I love Sabrina so much! Having said that, I think the small looks better than the large when carried with the shoulder strap. I don't think the large looks horrible that way though, you just don't see the bag at its full potential. :smile:

I have used the strap too, just to have my hands free with my 3 kids. I have found that it doesn't seem to want to stay put on my shoulder though. I've had that same problem with Coach bags in the past. I just don't know if what I had in my bag was heavy enough to keep the strap in place. Anyone else have this issue?

Depending on what I'm doing that particular outing, I'll wear mine both ways. If it's just me running errands, out with the girls, date night with hubby, then I carry it handheld. If I need my hands free hanging out with my 3-year old, then I carry it shoulder bag style. I like the way it looks handheld better though.

I mostly use the satchel handles, but if I'm shopping or otherwise need both hands, I'll put her on my shoulder. I've seen people wear them with the shoulder strap, and although I don't think it looks as cute, the way I look at it is I'm still carrying a great bag! There are pics in the Celebrites & Coach thread of Sabrina worn on the shoulder if you want to see more shots of how it looks!