Does Anyone Wear Their 32 Plume with a Shoulder Strap?

psaseattle

PNW Hermes-aholic
O.G.
Apr 4, 2008
Moderators - if there is an existing thread please just mush this into it...but I couldn't find anything very specific to my query.

I have a couple of 32 Plumes that I adore and use alot. Have been considering using a canvas strap or even a leather strap with them to give myself another carrying option while traveling. I see that some of the smaller mini plumes are offered now with strap by H.

Does anyone here have any experience, feedback, or thoughts on wearing a 32 Plume with a strap?

Moderators - if there is an existing thread please just mush this into it...but I couldn't find anything very specific to my query.

I have a couple of 32 Plumes that I adore and use alot. Have been considering using a canvas strap or even a leather strap with them to give myself another carrying option while traveling. I see that some of the smaller mini plumes are offered now with strap by H.

Does anyone here have any experience, feedback, or thoughts on wearing a 32 Plume with a strap?

I have that size Plume but have never thought of using a shoulder strap .The shape doesn't lend itself somehow, it's too boxy and those long handles.
Still , it's an interesting idea so I'll be interested to see examples.

Reactions: papertiger
I have that size Plume but have never thought of using a shoulder strap .The shape doesn't lend itself somehow, it's too boxy and those long handles.
Still , it's an interesting idea so I'll be interested to see examples.
The mini plumes on the H site have the strap attached on diagonal/offsetting sides of the handles. The straps don't appear to be specially made nor are the mini plume handles designed any differently than the regular Plume....it just looks like an add-on idea exactly like what I'm trying to explore for the larger size Plume. So, I tried it with my VN Plume 32 full. Unzipped it could gape the opening in diagonally opposite directions (if that makes sense?) but since the bag is resting against my body via the strap, the tension on the bag is mitigated. Zipped up, the bag seems to carry fine. I'll take a picture later and post when I get a moment.

The mini plumes on the H site have the strap attached on diagonal/offsetting sides of the handles. The straps don't appear to be specially made nor are the mini plume handles designed any differently than the regular Plume....it just looks like an add-on idea exactly like what I'm trying to explore for the larger size Plume. So, I tried it with my VN Plume 32 full. Unzipped it could gape the opening in diagonally opposite directions (if that makes sense?) but since the bag is resting against my body via the strap, the tension on the bag is mitigated. Zipped up, the bag seems to carry fine. I'll take a picture later and post when I get a moment.

I'm sure it's going to look great!

I have several 32 plumes, the handles fit over the shoulder -so when I don't want to carry by the handle is a shoulder bag. For my own use I never thought of using a strap, the bag is like a little suitcase and may be awkward and boxy.

I also can carry over the shoulder with my 32 Plumes but for me it's not a loose fit...its ok. Not too snug but its fine. That said, it wouldn't be super comfortable for me to wear over the shoulder for extended periods of time as it does carry a bit high under my arm and the Plume gets a little smushed :smile: I think the strap option is a little awkward too but I THINK it may be one of those things that normalizes for me as I wear it more that way, you know what I mean? I actually find all Kellys kind of boxy/structural and especially my 35 Sellier is bit briefcasey...still I like it on a strap for me personally. Hmm...thanks for chiming in. I'll keep pondering and will post a picture when I have time a little later to spark more feedback :smile:

I recall on another forum years ago that someone tried to order a shoulder strap for a Plume and SA said Hermes would not make shoulder strap for a Plume as it was meant to be carried as a hand bag.
I laughed when I saw they are making a mini Plume with a shoulder strap.

I don’t have a Plume, but if I ever get one, I’ll definitely want to add a strap for those times when I don’t want to hold it by hand. It may be awkward, but sometimes you just need a strap!

This discussion reminds me of some older threads on the LV forum, debating the addition of a strap to the original Speedy (before they created the Speedy B). Some people love the convenience, some were afraid (and made concerned by their SAs) that the way the strap would pull could damage the bag. But no one who used a strap said their bag was damaged this way, and it did make the bag more usable for some people.

I do think it will help to keep the bag zipped when carrying it this way.

Reactions: smallfry
I recall on another forum years ago that someone tried to order a shoulder strap for a Plume and SA said Hermes would not make shoulder strap for a Plume as it was meant to be carried as a hand bag.
I laughed when I saw they are making a mini Plume with a shoulder strap.
Actually that was Duna. She wanted a strap for her plume when they wouldn't sell one to her she told them she wanted it for her Kelly. They ordered one for the Kelly.