Does anyone wear a silk slip under their clothes?

SonOz

Nov 3, 2007
Ive seen many times on tv women take off their dress to reveal a silk slip underneath. It seems like a 'sexy' idea, I am quite sure my boyfriend would enjoy knowing I am wearing something silky underneath but do real women do this and if so, what is the purpose?

I dont wear a slip under my clothes. BUT i love the idea of it. i have trouble finding one that fits just perfect. I DO HOWEVER, wear like a little corset-ish/skirtish thing with garter belts and use stockings...BECAUSE a. it sucks my gut in without looking like ugly shapewear b. i dont have pantyhose cutting into my stomach, and c. i dont have thigh highs cutting into my thighs. I think its the best thing ever.

Of course, those of us "of a certain age" remember when it was ALWAYS done. It just went out of style,I guess. But you can wear a half slip or a full slip for anything clingy or thin and it smooths clothing out beautifully.:tup:;)

I have a couple of gorgeous slips by Trina Turk. After seeing Royal Crown Affair (movie) I was obsessed with dressing like the girl in that movie. Slips seemed so elegant. I wear them under my DVF wrap dresses and all my button up shirt dresses. I also have a couple plai old Vanity Fair slips from Macy's-also very nice and simple. These can also be purchased at Kohl's.

I want to start doing this! It seems like it would be kind of a confidence boost since lingerie is supposed to make you feel sexy. I may pop over to victoria secret today and see if anything catches my eye. Are there certain slips made for this or any body skimming slip?
I really love the idea of garter belts also. I bought one a few weeks ago with some hose to go with them but I don't really ever wear hose with anything so I don't know how much use Ill get out of it!

I've worn one under those t-shirt style dresses that were in. Mainly because it had buttons & i was afraid you get see through them. It was nice to see the lace peekig out from the top & the slip felt nice because the actual dress wasn't so soft! I just got a cheapie one from Wal-Mart for like $12 & it fit perfectly!

I agree with Gerry that this used to always be done. Were it still the convention, we wouldn't be seeing celebrities' underwear (or worse) on the red carpet. Slips are/were used to keep dresses and skirts from being see-through, to provide coverage with a true wrap dress and for the static issue (although static between a slip and a synthetic fabric can be worse). They also help the dress skim the body in a flattering way. I am a big fan of slips in pretty colors. They are practical, sexy and can be used as nighties, too.

I'm a half slip girl here; I also love camisoles...so I don't need a full slip. I wear them with wrap dresses or if the dress or skirt is rather see-through. I refuse to buy wool unlined though.

I used to wear half slips when my skirts were kinda see through but I stopped because they never fit right! lol. If you can find one that fits, then that'd be great. I never saw anything sexy about them lol maybe because I HAD to wear one. I just stopped wearing those skirts ;; so no more slips for me. lol
Omg ;; Although I did buy a gorgeous purple dress and I'm going to have to buy a slip for it !