Food does anyone use PAM when they cook?

I bought one of those pump spray bottles. I put olive oil or canola oil in the bottle and pump it to have a spray. It is cheaper than PAM.

^^^ That sounds like a great idea. I use pam only for eggs and never had a problem. I use no oil for red meat nor ground turkey, as weird as it sounds we like no stick to the natural flavors. I use olive oil for fish and chicken :drool:

Ps. Where your eggs any good? :graucho:

^^^ That sounds like a great idea. I use pam only for eggs and never had a problem. I use no oil for red meat nor ground turkey, as weird as it sounds we like no stick to the natural flavors. I use olive oil for fish and chicken :drool:

Ps. Where your eggs any good? :graucho:

Haha, my eggs were awful! It was in pieces! Good thing no one was around to see it, as everyone knows I can't cook :roflmfao:

My experience is that pam can stick like a gummy gunk to pans and then I read my nonstick pan (analon) and it said not to use pam (or the like) because it can cause a sticky gunk.

So, I've been using a misto pump ever since. Not quite as convenient, but at least I can control what I'm using and am not adding harmful chemicals to my body.

Also, if you do not have a pump, put a little oil in the pan and with a paper towel piece (a small piece) rub it around the pan to coat it. I do that to my griddle every time I use it.

I bought one of those pump spray bottles. I put olive oil or canola oil in the bottle and pump it to have a spray. It is cheaper than PAM.
I've always said I was going to do this. I remember at a pampered chef party the rep had those bottles.
Anyway, I use pam on EVERYTHING and never have a problem. Maybe you had the burner too high?

^^they are a lot cheaper and healthier for that matter, but not nearly as convenient (i had the pampered chef one). u have to pump it every time and the spray isnt as fine of a mist. i only use pam for my eggs so it just wasnt worth the effort for me. i think if i used it more it might have been more worthwhile. just a lil fyi :smile:

We use PAM for everything! It was until I was 22 and forced to gain weight that I actually started sauteeing in oil/butter. Now everything seems so much richer, and I prefer the lighter taste. But, that is how I was raised. I am sure if I grew to love the taste of the real stuff I would be dissapointed with PAM.

Also, if you do not have a pump, put a little oil in the pan and with a paper towel piece (a small piece) rub it around the pan to coat it. I do that to my griddle every time I use it.

That's what I do. Although I find that if you're using a nonstick pan, it is really important to make sure the pan is not scratched up. When it's scratched, all the olive oil/PAM in the world won't help, plus it releases chemicals which are not good for you. Try a new pan, and make sure you use tools (spatulas, etc) that are specially made for nonstick cookware- basically don't use metal tools, get some that are silicone instead.