Does anyone remember the Mattel Ballet Box?

twinkle.tink

Choose to be happy
O.G.
Sep 19, 2006
balletbox.jpg

I always wanted one, I was so jealous of my friend and her sister, they had 2 each.

I recently got one for my daughter via ebay. It is in such perfect shape, I am wondering how old it actually is...

It is dated 1966, which I know is just the patent date, I know they were made at least though the mid 70s, which is when I would have been coveting my friends, but wondering if anyone had one or knew someone who did, past then?

I have googled in vain, I even scanned through the wish book project (old catalogs), with no luck. Any memories or info would be much appreciated....

TIA

http://agplaythings.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=parlor&action=display&thread=58338#ixzz16jG7GkXu

I had one, but I remember it being pink. There was a small compartment at the bottom (which opened at the side) for your ballet shoes and a larger compartment (which opened at the top) for your clothes or whatever. I used mine to keep my barbies and their clothes.

I had one, but I remember it being pink. There was a small compartment at the bottom (which opened at the side) for your ballet shoes and a larger compartment (which opened at the top) for your clothes or whatever. I used mine to keep my barbies and their clothes.

They came in black, white, pink, blue and red.

Can I ask, when did you have yours?

I had one of those - or at least something similar - in the early 60s. It was pink and it was a Barbie ballet box, so it must have been from Mattel. It couldn't have been as late as 1966, because I was 13 that year and not into Barbies any more.

I've still got mine somewhere. I'll look for it and compare it to your picture.

I had one of those - or at least something similar - in the early 60s. It was pink and it was a Barbie ballet box, so it must have been from Mattel. It couldn't have been as late as 1966, because I was 13 that year and not into Barbies any more.

I've still got mine somewhere. I'll look for it and compare it to your picture.

Thanks! That would be great :smile: