Does anyone remember the Mattel Ballet Box?

twinkle.tink

Choose to be happy
O.G.
Sep 19, 2006
in a fairy house

I always wanted one, I was so jealous of my friend and her sister, they had 2 each.

I recently got one for my daughter via ebay. It is in such perfect shape, I am wondering how old it actually is...

It is dated 1966, which I know is just the patent date, I know they were made at least though the mid 70s, which is when I would have been coveting my friends, but wondering if anyone had one or knew someone who did, past then?

I have googled in vain, I even scanned through the wish book project (old catalogs), with no luck. Any memories or info would be much appreciated....

TIA

http://agplaythings.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=parlor&action=display&thread=58338#ixzz16jG7GkXu

fabae

O.G.
Jun 10, 2006
Way Down Yonder
I had one, but I remember it being pink. There was a small compartment at the bottom (which opened at the side) for your ballet shoes and a larger compartment (which opened at the top) for your clothes or whatever. I used mine to keep my barbies and their clothes.

twinkle.tink

Choose to be happy
O.G.
Sep 19, 2006
in a fairy house
I had one, but I remember it being pink. There was a small compartment at the bottom (which opened at the side) for your ballet shoes and a larger compartment (which opened at the top) for your clothes or whatever. I used mine to keep my barbies and their clothes.
They came in black, white, pink, blue and red.

Can I ask, when did you have yours?

Miss Conduct

Jan 29, 2008
DFW
I had one of those - or at least something similar - in the early 60s. It was pink and it was a Barbie ballet box, so it must have been from Mattel. It couldn't have been as late as 1966, because I was 13 that year and not into Barbies any more.

I've still got mine somewhere. I'll look for it and compare it to your picture.

twinkle.tink

Choose to be happy
O.G.
Sep 19, 2006
in a fairy house
I had one of those - or at least something similar - in the early 60s. It was pink and it was a Barbie ballet box, so it must have been from Mattel. It couldn't have been as late as 1966, because I was 13 that year and not into Barbies any more.

I've still got mine somewhere. I'll look for it and compare it to your picture.
Thanks! That would be great :smile: