Does anyone really expect to get their best offer at 50% off the BIN accepted?

I would be embarrassed to offer half of the BIN, but some people have no shame
mx22.gif
. I also think they do it to send you a message that your item is "overpriced" -- which most of the time is crap -- hoping you will lower the BIN.

I would never do that, I think they have BIN for a reason, but if it's BIN/BO, I try maybe $50 less than their asking price, if it's not really high, if it's too high I don't bother. Although I did see one time a bag that was BIN for around $1000 that won as a BO at like $600-something. That buyer got lucky with that one.

I am currently selling a bag for $600 on eBay.

I was looking at the automatically declined offers and two different people offered $250, $275, and $300.

Would you/have you ever offered less than 50% of the BIN value?

girl! sometimes it gets worst! I had a bag for BIN of $1399 with Best Offer option.. I get offers as low as $300!!! and the bag is CHANEL! :faint: Ayyy yaayaay!

Yikes!
I have a certain watch up (never worn, diamonds & white sapphires all over the place on it), paid over 1k for it, I've tried it at $900, then $800, now I have it at $750 or best offer. I auto-decline anything under $650, and the one and only offer I had was for $501.
Sigh. $501 for a never worn, brand-name diamond and sapphire watch.

I have only used Best Offer option once, eons ago. Listed a LV Plum Suhali and you won't believe the low-blows I received. I just got madder and madder each time I got a message..! I dunno if they thought I was stupid or desperate. I didn't even know about auto-decline so I had to write each buyer with a resounding N-O! Never again.

I use best offer alot. I get some offers that are soo silly. They offer $20 for a $300 item.

depending on my mood is my answer. Once I was so insulted I told the bidder - this isn't walmart !!!!!!

Don't know if they thought is was as funny as I did. At least it let me blow off some steam

I try to be really nice if ever the buyer contacts me with such a low ball offer. I couldn't blame them.. they're just trying their luck and that isn't bad at all. I get nasty when the low ball offerers get back to me and make un-called for remarks. LOL

I just got my Mini Lin Saumur at less than 50% of what the reserve price was on the auction. So I know it can happen. I just happened to find a desperate seller who needed cash more than the bag!

I've been known to watch some auctions that are just relisted and relisted and relisted, and wait until the price comes down or whatever. I don't do it to be insulting, I'm just a bargain shopper. Worse case scenario the seller says "no!".

However: super lowball offers annoy me A LOT. I get those quite a bit when I sell.

I agree with this strategy...I have also just asked the seller "what's your best price?" to get a general idea of what they're looking for....I wouldn't annoy anyone w/a super lowball, either.

Sometimes I block people if they send me a ridiculous offer. Other times I counteroffer with $1-2 less than the BIN when they do it. I have actually had a taker or 2 on that:okay:

I've been known to watch some auctions that are just relisted and relisted and relisted, and wait until the price comes down or whatever. I don't do it to be insulting, I'm just a bargain shopper. Worse case scenario the seller says "no!".

However: super lowball offers annoy me A LOT. I get those quite a bit when I sell.

I agree..If the offer isn't insulting, it never hurts to ask.:shrugs:

RE BINS:Ive noticed some sellers really over inflate their BIN in hopes that someone really wants the item and will pay top dollar, I've seen this happen time and time again, and the item doesn't sell and it's relisted and relisted.

I rarely make offers, but when I do, many time a best offer isnt even listed, and Ill ask a seller if she has a BIN in mind and if it's about $XXX
to add it, and Ill BIN..sheesh, Ive had some really good luck with this and have gotten some really good deals..
What I offer is what I can afford and what I think is a fair price..
I've never (to my knowledge) offered an insulting low price...
and I've never intentionally lowballed, but I have offered on the lowish side.

Last year a dress I had my eye on for quite some time had a BIN of around $500 or best offer.. the dress finally sold for a $125.
I was watching in hopes that there was a reduction..
Sheesh..I think that would've have been an insulting offer, but the seller accepted, and I wished I had offered it..
since then..even if it's lowish, Ill still offer..:smile:

My petpeeve is when I have a BIN up, and someone will make an offer..
or asks if it includes shipping..UGH!

Last edited:
Sometimes I block people if they send me a ridiculous offer. Other times I counteroffer with $1-2 less than the BIN when they do it. I have actually had a taker or 2 on that:okay:
You know that is a pretty good idea - to send them a counteroffer for close to what you want. If they figure by submitting a lowball offer: "what have I got to lose," why can't the seller do that too?? I mean all they can do is refuse your counteroffer, right?
I still think the odds on a lowball bidder actually doing that (taking your reasonable counteroffer) are great, so I'll keep using the auto reject and let that do the dirty work.

My petpeeve is when I have a BIN up, and someone will make an offer..
or asks if it includes shipping..UGH!

Agree...I just remembered a bag I had up. I've lowered it quite a bit from the first time I had it listed...$950 OBO first, then down to $900 OBO, then $850 BIN, then $810 BIN and still no luck.
In the listing I clearly stated US/Canadian buyers only and someone from Japan contacts me and wants to offer me $600 with shipping INCLUDED!!!! I do NOT think so!