Does anyone prefer the older Mulberru styles over the modern styles?

I prefer the newer styles however I sometimes think some of the new ones are too much with details like flowers, gems etc. The older ones are more simple and understated if you know what I mean!

Hi, I like some new styles but feel the older bags have more to them. Just bought a Tyler and totally love the leather and its more vintage look. The recent collections are too 'wacky' for me. For the prices being asked I want a classic forever bag style.

well I am a big fan of the bayswater!! I also like my east west.
But then I love relative newbies like daria and lily (lily has classic mulberry DNA).
I am not keen on any of the other styles though.

I started buying around 8y ago and have owned quite a few different older bags and i really prefer the new styles ♥ i have sold most of my old ones and plan to sell the rest only keeping Mabel because I find the older style fussy and the leather to heavy. Odd I may be though because Im not keen on Bays and dont own any!

I like a bit of both, but much prefer the older more substantial leathers. I'd rather pay more for the quality of the old ranges too, find it hard to part with the £ asking prices for newer ranges. I tend to sway towards simpler classic mulberry styles, but occasionally something with an trendy pattern/texture catches my eye.

My vote is for the older styles 100%

From what's on offer now I'm only drawn to Bays and Lily...and I wouldn't refuse an Alexa with the right leather/HW.

Nothing too 'on trend' for me...boyo I sound old!

From what's on offer now I'm only drawn to Bays and Lily...and I wouldn't refuse an Alexa with the right leather/HW.

Agreed- lily and alexa are as new as I would go......oh no hold on I like trout this year. But does that count as new..or a reissue of an oldie?

Oh, Old Bags any time. The older the better. Preferably made of Darwin leather and even better with a tartan lining. I love my newer Mulberries but the older ones win my heart.

Just look......

beautiful unfussy black Darwin Joel. Oil on water patina and one of my lightest Mulberries

IMG_2126_zps486b0dfb.jpg

beaten up old oak Darwin Euston, with a golden treacle-like patina

IMG_2132.jpg

vintage black tartan-lined satchel, in its natural habitat of somewhere very muddy. This bag has been to places that no Mulberry bag should ever go to, and survived to tell the tale.

papermill400.jpg

I love vintage. Can you tell? :lol:

I'm the same. I love the older styles, doubt any of the new designs will become future classics. Not even convinced by the Del Ray to be honest and only like Alexa's with scales. (Most picky person on the planet!)

I'm not too bothered about being on trend or 'fashionable', I much prefer the older more classic bags, simple elegant design, well made in gorgeous leather. Investment pieces I guess.

Oh, Old Bags any time. The older the better. Preferably made of Darwin leather and even better with a tartan lining. I love my newer Mulberries but the older ones win my heart.

Just look......

beautiful unfussy black Darwin Joel. Oil on water patina and one of my lightest Mulberries

beaten up old oak Darwin Euston, with a golden treacle-like patina

vintage black tartan-lined satchel, in its natural habitat of somewhere very muddy. This bag has been to places that no Mulberry bag should ever go to, and survived to tell the tale.

I love vintage. Can you tell? :lol:

I LOVE your Euston Plemont. Saw it in another photo you posted recently and immediately fell in love.

I like some of the older styles like the Roxanne and Rosemary but having tried both I found they didn't work on me and are also rather heavy. I'm not so keen on other older designs such as Phoebe, Alana, Emmy etc. That said, they often look fab on other people - I just don't think I can pull them off. I find I tend to prefer the newer styles now but in classic designs with lots of Mulberry DNA like the Lily. I do like Daria though and now even Alexa, both of which I hated originally!

In the main .. old ..

The new "classics" (Alexa / Lily) I've got quite fond of but, with the exception of Roxanne (gorgeous, but way to bulky for me to wear) Much prefer the oldies - am actually in the process of saying bye-bye to nearly all my "current" bags & will then start to wear, rather than just fondle & admire !!!, my oldies. xxH

I prefer the newer styles however I sometimes think some of the new ones are too much with details like flowers, gems etc. The older ones are more simple and understated if you know what I mean!

ITA. My love affair with Mulberry started many years ago & I cosider the Roxy era as having that true Mulberry feel. It's lovely to see the brand evolve though. There are still some bags that make my heart skip (why oh why didn't I buy a conker Alexa? Big mistake letting that one get away).