Does anyone prefer the non-exotic CDC over the exotic CDC?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm thinking of taking the plunge into the CDC world. I've been on the internet and this forum looking at pics for probably close to 24hrs total. I know that a lot of people like the exotic CDC. I do think they are beautiful too. However, I think the non-exotic's make the hardware standout more. I prefer the non-exotic over the exotic (my pocket book and DH couldn't be happier:yahoo:). Anyone else prefer the non-exotic over the exotic?

2. I like all of them !

Did you ever see this one ? It is not exotic. It is plain Chamonix leather with handmade embroideries.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. OMG!!!!!!!!!:nuts:

4. I own both exotic and non and love both equally. It would be very difficult to choose one over the other as both have a place in my wardrobe.

You can't make a bad CDC choice IMO ;)

(barenia and fuchsia gator, both with PH)

5. I think it's all personal preference. I work in a very conservative environment and avoid black to avoid it looking too S&M, but that's just me. I also wear a lot of black so it works better for me in a muted color or an exotic to add interest. I love fuchsia gator but it stands out too much on me. The design is iconic, so, just go with what your instinct tells you.

6. i think it depends - i chose black in non-exotic because i don't think the scales on the croc/gator really stand out in black. but my other cdc is ombré lizard and i wouldn't say no to a croc/gator as long as the colour isn't too dark.

7. Omg! LVLover I have been doing the same thing - looking on the internet for hours trying to find photos of CDCs!!! Never thought I'd like them but I tried one in H the other day and am toally smitten...Now I am in a dilemma whether to get a non-exotic or an exotic and what colour! hahahaha

8. I like the price better of the non-exotic, lol.

That being said, I have one CDC, rouge garrance chamonix with PH. I love it and hope to get a Lizzie with PH some day. I think the different skins are equally gorgeous.

9. I don't think you can go wrong with either! All of mine are exotic so far, but I love 'em all!

10. #10 Feb 15, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
    OK, please hear my confession, I have an ombre lizard CDC and I have not worn it yet. I am hesitant because I think I may be too old or it may be too cool for me to wear.

I know everyone is going to say, no way, but I am worried, maybe I need to break my CDC wearing virginity!!!

11. Last Sept the store in Florence Italy had 2 of these. I was so bowled over, even though I'm not really a CDC fan. The handwork on the embroidery is exquisite.

12. Suzie ; It's funny because my frst CDC was also the Ombre lizzard and I too was afraid it might be too much. I have 4 CDC's now and I honoustly believe the Ombre is the prettiest and most versatile of them all, because it's so chique, subtle and more like jewelry than the others. It's also because it has less contrast with the phw. So please, wear it! It's to beautiful!

13. Btw; to answer OP's question: I like all of them but for different reasons; the exotics because they are so special and feel more like a jewel. I like the normal leather ones because they look so clean and pure; more of a simple/chique look.

14. They are all beautiful, depends on how you mix and match I guess :smile:
    I only have one at the moment, it's non-exotic and I love it!

15. I have two, both non-exotic one in Fauve with PHW, and one in black with GHW, and I
    love them! I love the exotics, but didn't want to go for the extra money. It's wonderful
    that you are going to take the plunge, you won't regret it, they are special!

Suzie- Ok, I thought the same thing, but there are people of all ages wearing them
    on the forum!! They are one of the most classic items H makes and have sold them
    for many years. Just put on that beautiful lizzie and wear it!! You will feel very special,
    wearing it,as they have such a magical quality about them, and will be appreciated
    by all that see it! Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think H has been making
    them since the 20's for a lady who wanted a bracelet that she could attach her doggies
    leash to when walking him! That's what my SA explained to me! So you wear that
    beautiful bracelet girl!