Does anyone own the Blackout Valentine's Bag?

muchstuff

Incorrigible Bagaholic
Authenticator
Jun 6, 2014
Can anyone tell me how their Blackout Valentine's bag is breaking in? The leather is very different from the regular Blackout, and I love the look but the ones I handled were painfully stiff (and apparently scratch-proof, according to the SA). I'd really appreciate some feedback, TIA!

Calfskin according to their website. But compared to the regular Blackout it's much, much stiffer.

Though I haven't seen the Blackout of Blackout Valentine in person, I wonder if they are as 'painfully stiff' as the Highlight bags (also calfskin) which I have seen in person.
The stiffness of the Highlight made me question if it would ever soften, or perhaps it was never intended to?

Though I haven't seen the Blackout of Blackout Valentine in person, I wonder if they are as 'painfully stiff' as the Highlight bags (also calfskin) which I have seen in person.
The stiffness of the Highlight made me question if it would ever soften, or perhaps it was never intended to?
Painfully stiff is an apt description of the ones I touched. Even the top edges lacked any kind of soft finish to them and were rough to get in and out of. Weird, but I still want the bag...:P

Reactions: jeanstohandbags
Hey muchstuff, I saw the red one and touched it at Nordstrom and it reminded me exactly of the leather on the Metal Plate City, which I love. I liked the bag, the pricetag, not as much. :biggrin::heart::heart:
Wow, I wonder if the finish on the red is different than the black? I never touched the red...trying to recall if I ever picked up an ME City for comparison. Looks like I'll be heading back downtown to have another look. But not at that price, I'll wait until they start to surface on the pre-loved market!

Reactions: Dextersmom
Maybe you can find it on sale in Canada? Wasn't there a post with the Valentine's bags in Nordies Vancouver?
Yup, I posted it. Holt's have the city small in red on sale, I want black. Nordies has it in black, the only size/colour that didn't go on sale. The regular black did, as well as both sizes in red. I'm not a happy camper, as they assured me it would be on sale and I had my Visa all warmed up...:crybaby:

Reactions: BPC