Does Anyone Own Polarized Sunglasses?

CoachMaven

Unintentional Trendsetter...
O.G.
May 7, 2012
I am considering the Celias in the polarized. They are an online only option. I tried the regular ones on in the store and loved them, but being in a sunny state, I was wondering if Coach's polarized sunglasses were any good. TIA!

I own polarized sunglasses (not coach) but they are definitely the option to choose when it is available. It mostly helps with glare, colors and clarity.
One thing to note, is that you will see weird rainbows or shapes/colors on some car windows or other surfaces. It's strange at first but I got used to it really quickly.

Edit: but sometimes it can interfere with the ability to see phone screens- possibly an ipad too (although I have never tried it). My boyfriends phone is really difficult to see when the glasses are on, but my phone (iphone), I don't really have a problem with.

I wear prescription sunglasses and they are polarized. I live in AZ where sunglasses are necessary, and polarized is really the best option for the eyes, although as brae mentioned in the post before mine, they take some getting used to. Rainbows in certain glass, colors looking off, etc. The reason some phones look weird and some don't depends on the direction of polarization on the sunglasses and the glass on the phone screen and how they line up. My glasses and phone are off my 45 degrees, so if I rotate my phone 45 deg it looks normal. Some are off by 90 and others lined up right.

I wear prescription sunglasses (can not wear contacts) and I will only wear polarized. They block the glare so much better, and after a long day driving or just being in the sun my eyes do not hurt or feel like they are on fire. Like the other posters, some windshields look funny and sometimes I can not see my phone, but I would never go back to non polarized.

My DH and I just went shopping yesterday for new sunglasses. I went to Coach and they didn't have the polarized in stock--said they didn't sell well and could order if I wanted. I ended up buying a Ralph Lauren pair that is polarized. I can tell a big difference in the clarity. I noticed the spots on my car windows and my husband said that if you look at other glass that is polarized then you will see the spots.

I own polarized sunglasses (not coach) but they are definitely the option to choose when it is available. It mostly helps with glare, colors and clarity.
One thing to note, is that you will see weird rainbows or shapes/colors on some car windows or other surfaces. It's strange at first but I got used to it really quickly.

Edit: but sometimes it can interfere with the ability to see phone screens- possibly an ipad too (although I have never tried it). My boyfriends phone is really difficult to see when the glasses are on, but my phone (iphone), I don't really have a problem with.

Yes, very hard to see any kind of electronic device especially in the sun but, polarized are they way to go especially living in sunny states or closer to the sun like I do.

I don't have coach polarized sunnies but I have a pair of polarized tory burch ones and they are amazing! Hands down best sunglasses I've ever used! If you have the option to get polarized def do it!

I'm the oddball. I have a pair of Coach polarized sunglasses & I hate them. You see weird stuff & I find it distracting. It gives me a headache so I use my older un-polarized ones instead.

I am considering the Celias in the polarized. They are an online only option. I tried the regular ones on in the store and loved them, but being in a sunny state, I was wondering if Coach's polarized sunglasses were any good. TIA!
If you want good polarized lens , invest with Maui Jim - they have the best polarized lenses / optics on the planet regardless of lens material glass or polycarbonate lens .
Other brands that makes amazing polarized Lens are follows :
1) Rayban (Glass lenses / Rayban Tech Collection)
2) Persol
3) Oakley
4)Revo
5) Costa Delmar
6)Serengeti
All Designer brands Like Chanel , Prada,LV,Dior,YSL, Bottega ,Prada,Versace,Dolce&Gab,Coach,Tory ,Ralph Lauren & all their lenses are polycarbonate lens , just OK sunglasses - but clarity not that great compare to the other brands i mentioned above .
It is nice to own high fashion brand for like a dress to impressed type , but if you are looking for great quality of lens , then I will vote for Maui Jim & Rayban glass lenses . Hope this helps .

If you want good polarized lens , invest with Maui Jim - they have the best polarized lenses / optics on the planet regardless of lens material glass or polycarbonate lens .
2) Persol
3) Oakley
4)Revo
5) Costa Delmar
6)Serengeti
All Designer brands Like Chanel , Prada,LV,Dior,YSL, Bottega ,Prada,Versace,Dolce&Gab,Coach,Tory ,Ralph Lauren & all their lenses are polycarbonate lens , just OK sunglasses - but clarity not that great compare to the other brands i mentioned above .
It is nice to own high fashion brand for like a dress to impressed type , but if you are looking for great quality of lens , then I will vote for Maui Jim & Rayban glass lenses . Hope this helps .
thank you so much for this info..i was searching for sunglasses and came upon ur post it was very helpful as it narrowed down my choices and saved my wallet too from the expensive premier designer sunglasses when just a pair of MJ or Rayban will do..thanks again for ur post

2) Persol
3) Oakley
4)Revo
5) Costa Delmar
6)Serengeti

Agree with the Ray Ban, owned a pair and they were amazing, great clarity. Will try out the MJ, thanks!