Does anyone own Maya bikini- standard cut with ruffle style??

airress

O.G.
Feb 23, 2006
Would appreciate anyone's help- I just ordered the Maya bikini (standard cut style with ruffles and full bottom, not string sides- the Vanessa Minello one!) does anybody own this? it says to size up one as it runs small- I had to order it online as I could not find it anywhere in store- can anyone tell me how this fits?

misachan

O.G.
Apr 10, 2006
I own two of these (one in turquoise, one in a sort of coral color) and I think they are right in sizing up - I generally wear a XS or S on top and am roughly a size 4-6 (but with hips and a chest too) and a M in this suit fits well . . . hope you like it!

carlinha

O.G.
Jul 27, 2008
Thanks for getting back to me- I ordered a Small- I'm usually a xs or s on top , a 34b top and size 2-4 pants- do you think this will be too small? does the top fit very small?

i have several of the ruffled bikinis with the signature bottom cut, and i would say they are true to size... they are actually very stretchy and i think can fit a wide range.

i am a B/C cup, and i usually go for the small top... but honestly, there is little difference between the S and XS top (cuz i had to get that for one color cuz it was sold out in every other size, but the XS still fit me well, i wasn't popping out, maybe just a little bit less coverage)...

NOW for the bottom, which i think also runs true to size, BUT you have to decide how you want it to look... it is very stretchy actually, and it is seamless so doesn't cut into you and give that ugly "muffin top" look.... but since it is stretchy and has ruffles, i think if you get it in the size you USUALLY are, then it looks more stretched out and less "ruffly"... if you go ONE SIZE UP, then the "ruffly" look is more prominent... so i think it depends on your preference of how you want the look to be.

frankly, i can't decide which look i like better, so i just vary it up! some i have in my true size (Medium bottom), and some i have one size up to get the very "ruffly" look.

the string-tie signature bottom is definitely true to size though, since it is adjustable, so you don't need to go one size up for that.

i hope this convoluted explanation helps!!

p.s. if you call them or email, they are actually very accomodating. if you absolutely have no idea which look you would like better, and there is no store around you that sells them, they can send you the bottom in both sizes (S & M for example), only charge you for one, and just ask that you mail them back the size you decide not to keep.
Phone: 786.216.7650
info@mayaswimwear.com

Todd, the manager, is WONDERFUL! i was so thrilled with my first maya bikini purchase that i emailed him to tell him how beautiful it was and that i was in love, and he CALLED ME personally on my cell phone the next day to say thank you! Personal touches like that really make loyal customers. A few weeks later, and I've gone from 1 bikini to 8!!! :shame: And I can't wait for their new fall collection to come out (in November)... can you spell O-B-S-E-S-S-E-D? :sos:

carlinha

O.G.
Jul 27, 2008
Thanks for getting back to me- I ordered a Small- I'm usually a xs or s on top , a 34b top and size 2-4 pants- do you think this will be too small? does the top fit very small?

hmm, i just realized my response is about 2-3 months later!! whoops... you must have your bikini by now, so what did you end up going for, and what do you think??