Does anyone own both Grace and Blake? (Weight Question)

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Which is heavier? :shrugs:

Thanks in advance.

2. I think the Grace may be heavier, because it's been described as one of the heaviest bags that MJ made. I really like the style of the Grace, but I think it is flawed by it's functionality. It has two magnetic strips as a closure and it is weak IMO. It doesn't stay as tightly closed as I like.

3. Thank you thithi! I love how the Grace looks, but if it's as heavy as you describe, I'm going to run in the other direction. ;)

4. Awww, really? I just saw a Grace on eBay, and liked the look, but now I'm scared that it'll be too heavy to carry/wear :sad:

5. I saw a Grace once at an Off Fifth and it didn't stay open very well. I agree the closure was weak for such a heavy bag.

6. Are you just referring to the magnetic closure? Or the kiss-lock?

Personally, I wouldn't mind if the magnetic closure isn't really secure, because I'd put my valuables in the middle kiss-lock compartment.

7. This has the kisslock... and it seems to pop open a lot if you put anything remotely heavy in it. I suppose you can get a cobbler to tighten it, but that could weaken the metal.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice