Does anyone own a vintage crossbody?

Mar 15, 2008
I’m looking to add a crossbody bag to my LV family but I want to go vintage.
I want easy access, so I don’t know if I want a Danube or a Marceau or even a Saint Cloud....

If you have a vintage crossbody, I’d love to see pics! Which one do you have? Do you love it?

Reactions: cheidel
St. Cloud is so cute! I don't own one but like the look a lot!
I've also always liked the look of the vintage jeune fille. It came in three different sizes. I thought of buying one at one point as a beater bag but when it came down to it I bought a brand new Odeon PM for my crossbody bag. I highly recommend that one, too!

Last edited:
Another vote for Chantilly if you don’t carry much (it’s a tight fit) or the Saint Cloud. The Cartouchiere (is that how you spell it?) is also getting some love on blogs. There is the reporter too, if you want something more rugged. Sorry, I have owned all of these but sold them all except the reporter as I just had too many bags. GL deciding! (I’ll try to post a pic of the reporter and one other suggestion I have tomorrow).

Reactions: epeLV
Chantilly is a great style, but definitely not easy access with the buckle. Also I agree that it doesn’t hold much and the rounded shape is awkward for putting stuff in it.

I bought a vintage Saint Cloud GM and I love it. The canvas is so much thicker than any of my other canvas bags. It fits a good bit, is easy to access, and has a pretty large back pocket than fits my iPhone 7 Plus. It’s my go to handbag for traveling.

Reactions: SatinDoll