Tech Does anyone own a Sony Ericsson X10 or similar?

guccikat

O.G.
Aug 2, 2007
I am currently using a Nokia 5530 and it is honestly the worst phone I have ever owned.

The one I had before this was a Sony Ericsson K770 and it was much much much better.. too bad I dropped it on my driveway every day for almost 2yrs and now the buttons are starting to not work.

I am impatiently waiting for the X10 to come out in Canada and was wondering if anybody has this phone or maybe the X1 or X2 and if you can share your opinions on this phone.

I have used Nokia, Samsung, LG, Motorola, and SE and in my opinion SE is the best. The functions are smart and the phone is very durable and also, I love my bluetooth stereo headphones with the earbuds.. very comfy and handy too!

Please share any opinions you may have!

Thanks in advance!! :biggrin:

I love Sony Ericsson phones so I completely understand where you are coming from. I dont like all touch screen phones though, but I just got my SO SE Vivaz and he is in love with this phone. Our company vendor raved about x10 and I am actually regretting not getting this one instead. I think you will enjoy that phone a lot:graucho:

Currently using the X10 in black. I love how it's faster than my HTC magic, very smooth phone, but when you go view your collection of pictures, it takes forever to load, however, when viewing web pages it loads quite fast.

I might look into getting the Nexus One though.

I am seriously considering buying an X10, though I am reluctant to let go of my X1 which has both a button press QWERTY keyboard as well as a touch one. The X1 is a great smartphone though it did tend to freeze up on me in the beginning, this wasn't a huge problem all I had to do is reset it. A year later, still enjoying the phone and hardly any freezing.

The X2 is not too different from the X1 (Windows Mobile).

I am a huge Sony Ericsson fan. I sold my Blackberry 8900 Curve after less than a month. I just didn't like the plasticky feel of it. We just didn't bond! Only Sony Ericsson for me! the X10 is running on Android 1.6 but this will be upgradeable to 2.1 by September 2010 but as I heard, this has not affected the speed of the phone in the least. (just realized that I am a geek!) Hope that helps and good luck in making your decision.

HTC with Android/WinMo. :smile:

Who's your carrier?

I live in Canada, so I'm with Rogers. It's so rare that carriers here offer any new phones.. but I was told that if I want to get the x10 here, I MUST sign up for one of their data plans which is at least an extra $30-$40 a month..

But definately, the more I look at the x10 I really love how it looks!!

Currently using the X10 in black. I love how it's faster than my HTC magic, very smooth phone, but when you go view your collection of pictures, it takes forever to load, however, when viewing web pages it loads quite fast.

I might look into getting the Nexus One though.

PrincessD, as for the touch function on the x10, can you use your fingernails to touch the screen? or is it like the iphone that only senses your fingers?

I live in Canada, so I'm with Rogers. It's so rare that carriers here offer any new phones.. but I was told that if I want to get the x10 here, I MUST sign up for one of their data plans which is at least an extra $30-$40 a month..

But definately, the more I look at the x10 I really love how it looks!!

That's supposedly the case with AT&T, but they don't seem to enforce it. But, why would you want an X10 and not use it for the net?

^^
Charles, u are too funny..

I asked Rogers today and it would be $350 without a data plan.. I get the feeling that i could buy out the phone for about the same price in about 3 months without having to renew my plan with them for 3 yrs.

I just don't like how Canadian mobile phone companies charge so much for such little service!