Arts & Crafts Does anyone out there make their own jewelry?

Sweetwon

you win or you die
Jun 18, 2008
I have been making my own jewelry for a few years now. Nothing spectacular, just some fun pieces, and I was wondering if anyone else is making jewelry.

I would love to see some of the ideas you have come up with and what materials you are using.

I mostly do beaded items, but I want to branch out and try something new. So I guess I am just looking for some ideas.

Mine are just boring beaded bracelets, but I'm also working on the resin jewelry as you know. :graucho:

I've been making a bunch of my felt pins for my mom's gift baskets so the jewelry has had to take a backseat for a bit.

yes, i do! mine is pretty basic beaded stuff. i'll take some pics over the weekend of newer stuff but i do have some posted....lemme find them

here's some old stuff:

attachment.php

^ooo Tracy, your stuff is beautiful! I tried my hand at jewelry making once, but I wasn't so great at it. Then again, I just don't think I had the right materials. This will sound lame, but how do you attach the pieces on the end that hook the bracelets together? What materials do you use? I have lots of beads still and would love to make some more, but I guess I just need step by step instructions?

Those are pretty Tracy. That is the kind of thing that I make. I like using the stretchy cord as well.

jeh3v ~ You need to get crimp beads to put on there. They are tiny little beads (you can find them at any craft store in the jewelry section) that go on the beading wire. You thread the wire through it, through the clasp, and then back through the bead. Then you crimp it with a pair of crimping pliers, or regular ones would probably work too. Hope this helped you out.

Here are a few of the things I recently made. I know I have more pictures somewhere, I just have to find them.

Attachments

• IMG_2072a.jpg
    IMG_2072a.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 3,186
  • IMG_2090a.jpg
    IMG_2090a.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 1,268
  • IMG_2300a.jpg
    IMG_2300a.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 1,283
  • IMG_2303a.jpg
    IMG_2303a.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 1,267
attachment.php

Sweetwon I love these! Very unique, did you just twist the wire yourself or did you use some sort of shaper?

Tracy your bracelets are so pretty! I love the use of all the different shaped beads!

I, too, make beaded jewelry. My friend Jules had gorgeous earrings in one day and I asked her where she got them and she said she made them and I was like WOAH! Haha, so I was bound and determined to learn to make jewelry last summer and I did... spent a fortune too getting all the supplies ;)! Now I have oodles of beads and no time to make anything! I will try to find some pics but I won't have anything new for quite a while. The one thing I keep trying to get better at is watches; my mom loves unique watches and I try to make her a few per year! Otherwise, I make necklaces, earrings and bracelets/anklets like most people!

Can't wait to see everyone's items!

Ok, I'll post pics of some of the things I did last summer and a few things since then!

Pic 1 - Aqua/gray necklace and matching bracelet, earrings

Pic 2 - Elephant necklace and bracelet for my grandma last christmas

Pic 3 - Close up of the elephant charm part

Pic 4 - A blue and green tri-strand necklace

Pic 5 - Cream shell/bead necklace on ribbon and earrings

Attachments

• Creams.JPG
    Creams.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 1,263
  • Blue-Green Necklace.JPG
    Blue-Green Necklace.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 1,342
  • Elephant Close-Up.JPG
    Elephant Close-Up.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 1,322
  • Elephant Necklace.JPG
    Elephant Necklace.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 1,255
  • Aqua and Gray Pearl.JPG
    Aqua and Gray Pearl.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 1,438
Pic 1 - Black and white simple anklet, small flowery red/black/white bracelet

Pic 2 - Coral and white anklet with two pairs of earrings

Pic 3 - Pale pink dragonfly bracelet (gift for my sister in law) and my favorite pink necklace that I've made

Pic 4 - Pink and gray "pearl" bracelet and earring set for my sister in law

Pic 5 - Red and silver flower bracelet and earring set; red and silver necklace... love the spiral bead holders on this... I need to get more of those!

Attachments

• Red and Silver.JPG
    Red and Silver.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 1,214
  • Pink and Gray Pearl.JPG
    Pink and Gray Pearl.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 1,301
  • Pale Pink.JPG
    Pale Pink.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 1,216
  • Coral and White.JPG
    Coral and White.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 1,265
  • Black and White.JPG
    Black and White.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 1,244
Pic 1 and 2 - the green and brown jewelry (necklace is cut in half between the two pics at the top lol)

Sorry those pics are kinda blurry; and not all of the earrings are on earring hooks yet, but that's what they are ;)

Pic 3 - a mish mash of some pink and/or purple jewelry I've made, the small ring on the right is a toering! LOL!

Pic 4 - Long red and peach necklace for my aunt last Christmas

Pic 5 - Turquoise/copper/green/silver necklace and bracelet for my other aunt for Christmas last year

Attachments

• Greens.JPG
    Greens.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 1,196
  • Browns.JPG
    Browns.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 1,177
  • Pinks and Purples.JPG
    Pinks and Purples.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 1,182
  • Red and Peach Necklace.JPG
    Red and Peach Necklace.JPG