Arts & Crafts Does anyone out there make their own jewelry?

I made these today, 14k earwires and wire wrap with 45cttw of faceted citrine (29mm long). I normally don't care for yellow, but the citrine is so saturated and nearly a Madeira - well, they were just too gorgeous to pass up...

d14deb81-1026-47c4-8501-a9fc20a3b31f_zpsf1db5118.jpg

Ah, finally my favorite place on TPF! :smile: I have just started making jewelry. Collected a lot of vintage pins / brooches / findings off eBay and want to figure out how to best convert them into nice necklaces... I think "the brooch" is out these days but statement necklaces are quite big :smile:

Starting the craft-shopping now... I am thinking I'll need chains, clasps, jump rings, and perhaps pendant bails? Where do you get your supplies? (I've looked at some Etsy people but there are so many it's like wading into the ocean... any recommendation of a cheap, reliable supplier would be amazing.)

Did a short course on bead bracelet making. Have made abt 40 bracelets. So hooked! Here are two..

VERY pretty, Caz71! I love delicate looking bracelets. Lately, they seem to catch my eye more and more.

Here's a Yuletide Wreath Scent/Pomander locket I made last week. Insert a perfumed scent pad, close it up, and allow the skin to warm the metal. The perfume releases through the filigree openings on the cover, under the decor...

wreathscentlockete_zps5a009a4d.jpg

VERY pretty, Caz71! I love delicate looking bracelets. Lately, they seem to catch my eye more and more.

Here's a Yuletide Wreath Scent/Pomander locket I made last week. Insert a perfumed scent pad, close it up, and allow the skin to warm the metal. The perfume releases through the filigree openings on the cover, under the decor...

wreathscentlockete_zps5a009a4d.jpg

Luv it. Perfume is a great idea. Made some more beaded bracelets tonight

Attachments

• 1420452695625.jpg
    1420452695625.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 278
Hmm not sure whether this will post but its a photo of my glass knitters pendant
Ok it didn't work but its handmade blue kiln formed glass with image of yarn w knitting needles
I'd posted it on my etsy shops FB page and gotten a lit of requests for it, then took it to my last show of season, and haven't yet put it on etsy!

I love this thread

I have been a beader for many years, but unfortunately my eyesight is fading fast so I have to sell off all of my beads. I am giving them to a friend to sell on fee Bay. I probably will get pennies but what can you do.

Anyway, thank you all for sharing the photos of your creations.