Does Anyone Not Buy Light-Colored Bags?

chessmont

O.G.
Aug 22, 2006
I find I have a closet full of dark bags. Light bags don't appeal much to me as I think of the durability as far as dirt and color transfer. Is anyone else like this?

Causes a problem during the summer and with light clothing, so I usually go with a LV Monogram then.:shrugs:

I have a mixture and I have never found mid-light bags a challenge if I just clean them with a baby wipe every few times I wear them out (that includes ivory, chalk, parchment and white).

Mid-dark but bright tones are a good substitute if anyone can't get on with lighter colours. Colours like cherry, bottle green, light navy or my favourite Prussian blue which is a dark turquoise.

Reactions: Daosabao
I generally don't buy light color bags for the same reason as you I know I'd ruin it in like 5 minutes. My first & only light colored bag is a LV damier azur galleria I figure it's kind of safe light color because of the coated canvas. It dose have a slight color transfer on the back of it and the leather dose look a bit dirty and is starting to patina. I knew it would show wear while I notices these things they really aren't that noticeable to others KWIM? I think I noticed it more than others because I knew what it looked like when I got it.

I love light-colored bags and have many.
Parchment, vanilla, taupe, clay, sand, dove gray.
I have my eye on a beautiful white one I am thinking of getting. :graucho:

Attachments

• photo 200.JPG
    photo 200.JPG
    636.9 KB · Views: 1,131
I only own one light coloured bag - a pale pink hobo. I got it because it was on sale and I really like the design of it. Otherwise I stay away from light coloured bags because I'm not careful enough!

I have a pale grey satchel and a camel YSL easy as my light colored bags. Because I wear a lot of white in summer, I find these colors actually look better than white or ivory colored bags.

On an urelated note, what kind of puppy is in your avatar?

I also don't buy light-colored bags for fear of getting them dirty. A few years about I had a cream bag. I felt I had to baby it way too much. I ended up getting ink on it on a trip to the bank.

I have an icy white (not pure white) Francesco Biasa bag which is going on to its fifth year. I take that out every spring/summer. I also love my saddle colored bag which I wear all year round. I can understand the concerns about dirt, etc. All my bags are hobo style with fairly short straps (7 -8") so they don't sling low enough to catch jean die transfer. I think the type of leather is most important too. A bag made of a very strong hearty leather usually isn't porous and therefore will be much less susceptible to die transfer.

Try first with a very reasonably priced bag and see how it goes. :smile:

Reactions: celine666666
I'm in the same boat. I find many light colored bags that I love, but I don't buy them for fear of color transfer or just looking dirty. If I find a bag I really love that is in a light color I try to find it in a darker color lol. I carry reds, navy, and a rich medium brown in the summer. One day I hope to be brave enough to buy a light colored bag...