Does anyone like the new Rose Indien color?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the Alma PM. I love the color, I think the black glazing gives it a bit more of an edge and contrast, more modern looking.

I've gotten so many compliments on the color and the bag since - so happy!!

Its a personal choice. I love it, and I'm one of those people who loves all pinks too. I like purple aswell so maybe that's why, its a very purpley pink.

I had no intention of getting the cosmetic pouch but asked to look at it anyways and obviously a lot of people had looked and it was covered in fingerprints, but my pochette seems fine. I would never get a cosmetic pouch in vernis anyway, I'd prefer a canvas for something like that.

Good luck!

Just pop into store to see the colour... Under certain light, it looks like epi fuschia, and sometimes it looks like magenta. I like it but what caught me by surprise is that the olive is quite pretty irl. Still waiting for monceau bb....

Colour is a personal thing and I think unless u see them irl, u can't take anyone's word for real cause we all have different preference.

I think people are looking for something sparkly, eye-catching and say hey look at me with the Vernis line. The lack of shimmer kind of turn them down. I bought the Alma PM in this color and I think it's very pretty regardless of the shimmer. I can use it as an everyday bag and it's a bit tone down from the regular Vernis. I'm really tired of people bashing it, plus it's not nice to other people that own this color. I hope people would tone down and not use mean words. If you don't like it, just don't buy it. I'm sure if other people bash about a style you own, you wouldn't feel good about it.

I am so sorry... Hope it didn't kill the joy of owning a rose indien... I like bags that are not quite the "mainstream" LV and they get bash even before I could do a reveal, sadly on the LV forum. Friends who are not into LV actually showed more respect in my choices.

chinchin_lim said:
I am so sorry... Hope it didn't kill the joy of owning a rose indien... I like bags that are not quite the "mainstream" LV and they get bash even before I could do a reveal, sadly on the LV forum. Friends who are not into LV actually showed more respect in my choices.

That's for sure. How many hideous bags have we both bought in the past, Chin? :P

I'm not sure if my worst offender was the Framboise Antheia or the Rubis Neo Bucket. Maybe it was the Mancrazy.

Anyway, what matters is whether YOU like your bag, not the opinion of a bunch of people that you'll never meet IRL. If Rose Indien makes your heart sing, go and treat yourself.

chinchin_lim said:
Just pop into store to see the colour... Under certain light, it looks like epi fuschia, and sometimes it looks like magenta. I like it but what caught me by surprise is that the olive is quite pretty irl. Still waiting for monceau bb....

Colour is a personal thing and I think unless u see them irl, u can't take anyone's word for real cause we all have different preference.

The lighting in the LV store also didn't help the olive. It looked different in natural light.

That's for sure. How many hideous bags have we both bought in the past, Chin? :P

I'm not sure if my worst offender was the Framboise Antheia or the Rubis Neo Bucket. Maybe it was the Mancrazy.

Anyway, what matters is whether YOU like your bag, not the opinion of a bunch of people that you'll never meet IRL. If Rose Indien makes your heart sing, go and treat yourself.

Heh... I agree.

The lighting in the LV store also didn't help the olive. It looked different in natural light.

Really? I admit I didn't ask for olive. Saw it sitting on display and it was better than pic I thot. I am still holding out for monceau bb in rose indien... My concern really is the size... Smaller than an alma bb and I wonder how useful will it be.

HTOWNE said:
I agree. To sit there and say the words "horrid", etc. and "I cant even look at the reveals" is really unncessary.

I agree as well. I think we all have a right to voice our opinions but when I do I try my best not to offend anyone. I get a lot of great advice and information and I would hate to hurt anyone's feelings.

I bought the cles and I LOVE it.
I love the fact that it is bright and shiny . Love the black edges on the trim.
What drew it to me was the fact it had NO shimmer ! I had a pomme cles and sunset orange cles and sold them both bc I didn't like the shimmer.

I bought the alma and zippy and LOVE the color. Yes it's matte but it's still gorgeous! The color looks much better in the natural light than in LV. I think it looks much brighter in day light than store lighting.

Maybe it's just me, but my feelings don't get hurt because an anonymous stranger thinks a certain color or finish is ugly. If I love something, I buy it. It doesn't lessen my enjoyment.

I'm sticking by my opinion. I think this color is really awful and I do think LV is cutting corners. It's less expensive to make the vernis without shimmer. Ditto with black glazing. But it wouldn't bother me at all if a stranger didn't like my the color of my purse Heck, some of my friends think monogram bags are really ugly. Doesn't lessen my enjoyment at all.

I still think LV is skimping and dropped the bag on this color. I had every intention of buying something in the line. I was so disappointed in it.

This is a public forum. When people ask for opinions, you get the good with the bad. If its acceptable to say you "love" a color, which is an intense opinion, it's also acceptable for the people who hate it to chime I'm as well.

I see lots of people, lots, saying they hate the new green, with no reaction. In fact, that's all I've heard on the green. It's no different for people who also hate the new pinks. But it's kind of silly to be worried about what someone else thinks of a color. It's just a color. Still love the bags.

I bought it in the Alma BB and I love the color, trying to decide if I want to purchase another SLG.

I agree that everyone is entitled to have an opinion, but I buy what I like no matter what.

Last edited:
img said:
I absolutely love all things pink. It's my favorite color. The Rose Indien is very flat and matte looking even though it's patent. I'm not sure if that makes sense. Also it has mauve undertones in it which I personally hate. Love oink. Despise mauve - LOL. There is no shimmer or dimension to it. It looks cheap, in my opinion. If you are dying for a Cles, I highly recommend Pomme or Amarante. They are both beautiful.

:goodpost:

Status
Not open for further replies.