Does Anyone Like Alex?

jules08

O.G.
Aug 16, 2007
My fave new Coach that I am considering is the new Alex Stitched Patent Leather Satchel in black, but no one here is talking about it. Is this style unpopular?
:confused1:
I know the Kristen seems all the RAGE!:biggrin:. The satchel is nice, but for some reason I am drawn to the Alex! Please write your thoughts to help me decide, thanks much!

I love the Alex, I don't own one, but if I did it would probably be the white patent tote because it is beautiful and it looks so cute on the shoulder! If I could afford to get like 5 more bags, this would definitely be one of them!

I actually saw the pink (I don't know the formal name) tote at my outlet tonight...they also had a siggy brown one too. (This was at the Aurora IL location for anyone who is interested...30% off MSRP...additional 20% coupons start up again tomorrow!)

It's very eye catching in real life. Much more so than the stock photos online. The leather felt thin--which isn't good or bad, just depends on personal taste. The stitching was so subdue and yet really added a "wow" factor to the bag.

If you love it...get it!

I actually saw the pink (I don't know the formal name) tote at my outlet tonight...they also had a siggy brown one too. (This was at the Aurora IL location for anyone who is interested...30% off MSRP...additional 20% coupons start up again tomorrow!)

It's very eye catching in real life. Much more so than the stock photos online. The leather felt thin--which isn't good or bad, just depends on personal taste. The stitching was so subdue and yet really added a "wow" factor to the bag.

If you love it...get it!

I'm waiting to see if they show up at the outlets. I love the Patent Alex totes. In EVERY color!

I m getting it on thursday/friday with pce. Haven't decided on the color yet tho... I originally wanted the diaper bag but its too hughe, so i thought i'd just go with the patent regular size as diaper bag...

i actually adore alex tote but completely ignored her until i saw her in person at macy's several weeks ago... i was lusting after several bags and she was definitely one of my favs... of course, a coachie walked in carrying one and i fell more deeply in love seeing her in action... i love the size, shape, style and price!! i don't know why the pictures on coach.com didn't thrill me as much as seeing her in person but there are a few of the new bags that didn't inspire my lust until i got to see them with my own two eyes!!

i havent seen the satchels in person but did forward a picture of one to my cousin because it looks perfect for her!!

i'm sending up wishes to the outlet fairies that a black patent alex tote will make an appearance up at dawsonville just for me some day but i may break down and get her during PCE

I think they look great on, but when you set them down they collapse into a flop.
I bought a black patent one around Christmas and LOVED the look, but when I put all my stuff in - between the shape and the chains on the handles it just all collapsed. I personally don't like that. If that doesn't bother you then go for it - love the gorgeous colors.

I had the Alex siggy brown one. The bag looks so much better in person than it does on the website. I loved it but the handles began to peel in a week. Very badly. I asked the SA if they do that and she mentioned that her handles were starting to peel only a little. When I brought the bag in the SA was surprised how bad the peeling was. I'm not sure if this is a common problem.

I actually love love the tote! I bought the white one at xmas but returned it because I was so worried about it getting color transfer. Then I rebought it on ebay because I missed it so much.... I haven't received the bag yet but another girl at work bought it! So now I don't want it again, I don't want to have the same bag as her. It's really beautiful though!
As for the satchel.... I don't like it at all. I think that coach needed to add some hardware at the base of the handles or something. It just looks a little cheap to me:sad:

Thank you for the comments; I need to see it in person, I am such a internet ordering junkie, that I don't usually go to the Coach store! But I may have to in this case, because even tho, my heart strings are pulling for it, the concerns of the patent leather being thin and when you set it down, it flops. I have the Hamptons Business Tote in black and one in camel, and the black one is awesome, but the camel, which is designed differently, also "collapses" when you set it down and that is a peeve of mine, even tho, otherwise, it's a great bag for work. So that all said, will have to go see Alex for myself!:thinking:

I have the Alex tote in Anthracite and absolutely love her. The price point is fantastic for the amount of bag you get and I just love the length of the handles and the hardware. I want to buy another in the light raspberry colour but trying to resist. :P