Does anyone know why is Coach mechandise/ GC selling for same value on Ebay?

LovePink

O.G.
Mar 6, 2008
Hi all,

I've been watching few auction for GC and Mechandise card on Ebay and I saw all the auction ended for almost same value. Liek a mechandise card/ GC balance is $450, they end with $450 or just only less than $10. Some auction ended with higher value as $460?

I can not understand at all, if they are willing to bid for full price or more, why did they not going to the store to purchase with their real money? Why they have to buy mechandise or GC with same value? They can also bought the GC with amount they want on their website/ by phone... or in store.

Do you have any idea about that?

Tks

I have seen that happen a bunch of times for different brands. I could never understand why people would bid the value or even sometimes over the value.
:shrugs::shrugs::thinking:

That is a mystery, first time I am hearing such ridiculous sells. Maybe the buyers do not wish to drive and it was easier just buy online and sent to their home. Only my assumption.

I always buy Coach gift cards on ebay before going to the outlets, because I make 14% or even more off the selling price on ebay. That's what everyone is doing, and that's why the gift cards sell for the same amount or even more. Typically, I go for the higher gift cards (like $400 or more, because the more you spend, the more you get back, and I will make around $60-$100 per gift card I buy - which is enough to almost fund another outlet bag!)

This is where you get all your money back from:
You get 8% ******** from Bing www.bing.com (only works on buy-it-now items)
You get 3% rebate from Mr. Rebates http://www.mrr***********?refid=399424 (works on both winning bid and buy-it-now items, and you get up to 25% on other online stores)
You get 2% ebucks from ebay (everyone should be enrolled in this ebay program by now)
You get 1% from casback from whatever credit card you use, just pay with your credit card through paypal instead of using paypal funds

Then your grand total comes up to 14% off whatever you pay! Bing ******** flucuates, with 8% back being the baseline. I've puchased items when it's gone up to 22% before but it seems like they stick with 8% now, and sometimes they will go up to 10%/12% for holidays like valentines day.

This process works for anything you buy off ebay, so not just gift cards. But it makes the most sense with gift cards because you actually end up making money by buying them :smile:

I can personally vouch the bing ******** does work (you get 40 bing purchases per ebay account) and I've gotten about $450 or so back from them in my paypal. The Mr. Rebates work as well, I've gotten about $119 back from them (I've only started recently (Jan) using Mr Rebates - so you can tell I shop a lot online! hahah)

The process is a litttttle complicated, but once you're all set up, its the same process everytime so it's not bad. Anyone has questions I can probably answer them, because I'm all about saving money! haha