does anyone know online authenticators that authenticate valentino rockstuds?

Ici

Jan 16, 2016
sold a pair of rockstuds buyer claims they are fake and sent them back. I know they are legit as i bought them myself. I have filed an appeal so hoping to provide a letter of authenticity along with it.

If you're looking for a free authentication for peace of mind, @audreylita and @shuze are absolute geniuses when it comes to shoes. There's a category specifically devoted to authenticating shoes.

You might try posting there and if you get a thumbs up, you can direct the buyer there.
http://forum.purseblog.com/threads/authenticate-those-shoes.32044/

If the buyer isn't happy with TPF's authentication, there are professionals who provide (somewhat pricey) documentation. I don't know whether authenticate4u does Valentino. You can ask Shuze and Audreylita.

Reactions: Ici
If the buyer already sent them back, I'm not sure what fighting it will do.

well, first off, my shoe are authentic, and secondly she has worn them. these are not valid causes for appeal? This kind of thing has never happened to me, but I am going to keep fighting because I am definitely not in the wrong here.

@BeenBurned thanks for replying however my shoes werent sold through an ebay listing. It was done as a paypal transaction but not actually sold through ebay so i dont have a listing. :sad:
While some of the "authenticate this" brands require active listings, others will authenticate from pictures as long as you aren't thought to be promoting your item. And the "authenticate-those-shoes" sub is one that will help you.

I agree with @acrowcounted that I'm not sure what you'll gain by getting them authenticated. You certainly can try appealing the case with PP based on the shoes being returned in a different condition than they were sent. But if there isn't a listing somewhere to show the "new" shoes for sale, how will you prove that you sold new but received a return of used?

How did the buyer find you if the shoes aren't on ebay and it was Paypal only?

Thank you @BeenBurned, I wonder if paypal would accept purseforum authentication as proof. I have contacted valentino.com in the meantime, hoping they can help me.

Yes, I am appealing on basis that shoe aren't in the same condition that was sold. The buyer found me through instagram, and we did this transaction via paypal as goods and services. The description in the paypal states brand new valentino rockstuds, and the buyer were filing a case based on grounds of the item being not authentic. I don't have any experience with these kind of things, but if paypal wrongfully ruled against me, shouldn't they rectify the situation? Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part, but I certainly am going to fight it in every which way I can. The close to $1000 hurts, but I think paypal is very negligent on their "investigation", since they didn't even ask buyer for proof of (in)authenticity prior to ruling in her favor.