Does anyone know of a personal shopping service in London or Paris?

melsig

Apr 9, 2017
I'm trying to find a Fendi Strap You that is sold out in the US, where I live. I appears there are still a few available in a variety of European countries and in Asia still. The only personal shopping service I have ever used is for Japan - and, naturally, the strap was never sold there. Can anyone recommend a personal shopping service for London or Paris (it seems to be available in other European countries and in Hong Kong, but I feel it is definitely available in these 2 countries)? I spoke with the Fendi flagship store in London and they have the strap. I have a UK shipping address, but they will not accept payment over the phone. The easiest way to obtain it would definitely be to hire someone to go to the physical store to buy it and then have it shipped to me. I have also checked Buyma.us but no one seems to be offering the particular item for sale...

This is no help to you, but you've used buyma before? I'm looking into using it but wasn't sure if it's an ok site...?

Buyma is a huge Japanese concern - the US version is fairly new, I believe. As far as I know, they are reputable. The only problem with Buyma is that listings can get stale. For instance, I tried to buy my strap through 2 Buyma personal shoppers and both looked into it and told me the strap had been sold out in their country. In other words, shoppers list items but don't buy them in advance, so there's no guarantee they will be available when you actually purchase from them.

Ps. For anyone interested, I don't have the strap yet (it's shipping today), but so far my SKYPAX experience has been first rate. I ordered the item near U.K. close of business and received an immediate response that they had reserved it in store for pickup the following day. They picked up the item yesterday, and I selected my shipping preference - just received notification that it has shipped. Will follow up with final thoughts once I receive the package.

Reactions: Alex241277
View attachment 3703669
SKYPAX shipment arrived - Strap You is beautiful! I would highly recommend this service - prompt shopping and shipment, responded to questions in a timely fashion and the strap was well-packaged. They take PayPal as well, which is a plus for me.

Thanks for the sharing your experience! I'm thinking of using this service for an LV item. I'm assuming you used the concierge service? I was thinking of just ordering from the UK site and having it shipped to them. Is there a reason you didn't choose that option? Also, did you have to pay any duty on the item? I know that's a lot of questions but def appreciate your input! :smile:

Thanks for the sharing your experience! I'm thinking of using this service for an LV item. I'm assuming you used the concierge service? I was thinking of just ordering from the UK site and having it shipped to them. Is there a reason you didn't choose that option? Also, did you have to pay any duty on the item? I know that's a lot of questions but def appreciate your input! :smile:

No problem. The strap I wanted was no longer available on the Fendi website and there was only one left at the London flagship store - so I had no choice but to have SKYPAX pick it up for me. As long as the UK site will accept your credit card (I don't know what country you live in, but many UK websites will not accept my US-issued credit card), it should be no problem to just have the item shipped to them directly - which, of course, is much cheaper. I did not pay duty, but I think this is more hit or miss. I buy tons of stuff (although not handbags, yet) from Japan and the way to go there is to use their Postal Service Express Mail service (EMS) - you hardly ever get hit with duty shipping that way. Thinking of this, I was going to use Royal Mail, but SKYPAX will not fully insure an expensive package sent through Royal Mail - so I shipped it UPS. I did not have to pay duty on the strap, but I have heard stories of buyers who did have to pay through UPS and definitely also through DHL and FedEx. In the end, with the current exchange rate, I ended up paying around $60 more than it would have cost me to buy in the US (had I been able to find it in the US). Good luck!

No problem. The strap I wanted was no longer available on the Fendi website and there was only one left at the London flagship store - so I had no choice but to have SKYPAX pick it up for me. As long as the UK site will accept your credit card (I don't know what country you live in, but many UK websites will not accept my US-issued credit card), it should be no problem to just have the item shipped to them directly - which, of course, is much cheaper. I did not pay duty, but I think this is more hit or miss. I buy tons of stuff (although not handbags, yet) from Japan and the way to go there is to use their Postal Service Express Mail service (EMS) - you hardly ever get hit with duty shipping that way. Thinking of this, I was going to use Royal Mail, but SKYPAX will not fully insure an expensive package sent through Royal Mail - so I shipped it UPS. I did not have to pay duty on the strap, but I have heard stories of buyers who did have to pay through UPS and definitely also through DHL and FedEx. In the end, with the current exchange rate, I ended up paying around $60 more than it would have cost me to buy in the US (had I been able to find it in the US). Good luck!

Thanks for your input. I am in the US too so we'll see if the LV website will accept my card. Otherwise I'll have to use the concierge service too. I feel better going through with this option after hearing about your experience. $60 is not too bad!

Reactions: melsig
I used MPS Paris (mypersonalshopping) for purchases in Paris before. Nathalie is great, trustful and goes way out of her way to make rare purchases happen.
www.mypersonalshopping.paris

In London i can recommend The Luxury Connoisseur LTD. Chantal is so nice as well and tries everything to make the purchase of your wish item happen.

I used both shopping services for Chanel items that sold out in a blink. I can recommend them, they're fast and professional, but the payment goes via bank transfer, and I can imagine especially if you don't know them you're not feeling secure enough about that.