Does anyone know about Hermes in Naples,Capri,Portofino?

emma4646

Jan 31, 2009
Hello H bloggers:heart:,

I would like to wish a Happy Valentine's Day to all H lovers!!

I will be visiting this part of Italy soon:Capri,Portofino,Naples,etc. :yahoo:for 1 week.I live in Europe but the H store here is small and the staff not really helpful/service-oriented. I would like to buy my 1st Birkin.The H store here won't even show me the one they have hidden in the back.When I call,they say that they have one in black for sale but when I or my husband show up,they say that they don't have any...When my husband confronted the SA,she became aggressive and said that it was reserved.My husband has bought accessories(jewelry/enamel bangles) from her before...

As you can imagine,my husband was very irritated by the way he was treated.:tdown:We usually buy H accessories when we travel so we're not always buying from the same store.

Does anyone know if it's easy to find a Birkin in Capri/Naples/Portofino? :confused1:If not,my husband will be going on a business trip in Seoul and Kuala Lumpur in March so he'll try looking for one there.If all attempts fail,I guess we should go to Paris to buy one??:wtf:

Thanks H lovers.

There's Hermès in all 3 places! I haven't been to any of them, so I can't give you much info. The Naples store opened not long ago, and the other two are in franchise, as far as I know.....HTH:smile:

It won't be easy to find Birkins on the shelf, but then it's not easy anywhere; although in the bigger stores, like Rome and Milan, there has been the occasional Birkin available. You just have to try your luck! Pricewise, I'm sure it'll be cheaper to buy in Europe than in the Far East!

Last edited:
HI "Dunna",

I am aware that H is present in Capri,Portofino,and Naples.I'll try my luck there. My husband will also try in March when in Seoul and Kuala Lumpur.

My DH is actually quite upset and put off by the way he was treated by the SA in our local H store.:tdown: He bought accessories from her before but maybe she doesn't remember him. Why did she lie about not having a Birkin when there was one for sale hidden in the back...didn't even show it to us. Other luxury boutiques here(small European capital) are always nice and service oriented. My DH loves Gucci and wants me to get the latest baby blue python bag rather than H...

HI Irishlass,

Thanks for your "support".I too love Gucci:heart: but would like to get my 1st Birkin.DH doesn't understand all the hoopla around H bags...thinks that they're conservative and plain.:confused1:

Well, he doesn't have to understand it, as long as he understands that it's what will make YOU happy. Once you have it and he sees it and how you are when you carry it, he will be sold. :tup:

hello,

Have a friend who went to Naples store. They said it was the scariest experience EVER getting to the store. They said the store was nice but the clerk was amazed that she carried her Birkin on the street.

They liked the store but won't go back to Naples.

Daniel

HI "Gloriabonaparte",

Why was it a scary experience for your friend to go to the H store in Naples? Was it unsafe? I heard that Naples is kind of dirty...We don't plan to visit Naples much.The airport is in Naples but our hotel is outside Naples.We plan to visit the island of Capri,the Amalfi coast,Portofino,Pompeii,Mont Vesuvius,etc.

I might skip the Naples H store if it's in an unsafe area though...:sad:

porto fino and capri are known to sell everything... even LV.... at a mark up.

porto fino's docking fees are if i'm not mistaken more than monaco's, or so i was told, hence all the super rich of italy tend to gather there or as one milanese socialite put it in a very caustic manner to me, "spit on monaco".

the lv boutique opens to (if i'm not mistaken) midnight or elevenish or some ungodly hour like that.

the basic feel of porto fino is that of pure luxury, but don't expect to be treated well, they are notorious to treat everyone badly :smile:

and yes naples is a scary place in general. in naples people wear their watches on the right side and hide their wallets and extra lot to avoid being robbed. why watches on the right side... cos italians drive on the left, if you stick your left hand out and your watch is there you'll get robbed. dunno how true it is but from the time i spent in italy that's what the northern italians used to tell me like it were the gospel. don't let it scare you though because northern italians tend to be paranoid and "freddo/fredda", i.e. cold.

personally my favourite hermes store is the one in venice. nicest SAs around.

if you're going shopping for fashion in italy though, nothing beats milano. rome, venice, porto fino, capri, naples, sicily, etc. all come very very distant seconds from it.

ps emma... yr not going to get much luck with scoring a birkin in seoul and kuala lumpur because they are usually reserve for the local celebs/tycoons, or uber regulars. even so they go at costlier than what you would probably pay in the states or in europe. That said, the other stuff you can probably get at a good price at the airport because it's tax free. I know there's an H store at KLIA, am not so sure about Seoul... though I didn't recall seeing one (having run through to catch my flight) I could probably be wrong.

hope that helps.

HI Empressjulz,

Thanks a lot for your input.;)I guess my only luck in finding a Birkin would be to go to Paris if I don't find one in all those cities.I certainly won't mind spending a few days in Paris!:yahoo:I would just go to Paris to eat tons of macarons from Laduree.I did this once before:bought and ate tons of sweets from Laduree and Pierre Herme in a few days!!:drool:

I am aware of petty theft and pickpocketing problems in Italy.:sad:We were in Italy twice last year.We love Italy,it's such a beautiful country with so much culture!!!:sunshine:Of course,we were also impressed by the extremely stylish Italians in Rome. We have never seen such well dressed people ever:tup: and we have lived in North America,Europe,and Asia.

I did go to the H store in Venice last May 2008 where I purchased a couple of scarves from a friendly French SA.The service was good!!You are right about that.

Emma4646,

My friend had her wrist strap on her Birkin. The clerk told them that it wouldn't help. The thieves would just cut her arm off. Very scary. She was with her husband and he said he wouldn't go there for anything.

Crime is ridiculous there so unless you really need to go to that store don't. If you can go to the Bordeaux store. Fabulous staff and the Bordeaux scarf is amazing.

Best

Daniel

hello,

Have a friend who went to Naples store. They said it was the scariest experience EVER getting to the store. They said the store was nice but the clerk was amazed that she carried her Birkin on the street.

They liked the store but won't go back to Naples.

Daniel

:confused1: why? could you please explain this?