Does anyone Keep a Gratitude Journal?

dlovely51

Oct 25, 2006
I was feeling down today, and really negative, so I went to a bookstore. I don't journal like I did when I was younger, but for some reason I looked into the journal section.

I found this really cool "gratitude journal". The journal format is based on a "grateful journal" started by Emma Felps. She was 71, and was going through the worst part of her life when she decided tp write things down. Most of her thankfulness was for people/experiences, and she rarely mentioned material things.

I don't know what she was going through, but this little book kind of brightened my day, and I wanted to see if anyone else kept a gratitude journal:smile:

Yes, I have kept a gratitude journal for many years and it helps you look for and focus on the really important things in life. In my opinion it is one of the single most powerful things you can do.:smile:

I'm actually just starting one. It all began with watching "The Secret." I don't want to sound corny, but it truly changed my life. I believe focusing on the things I am grateful for instead of dwelling on the negative has given me an entirely new positive outlook on life.

I'm actually just starting one. It all began with watching "The Secret." I don't want to sound corny, but it truly changed my life. I believe focusing on the things I am grateful for instead of dwelling on the negative has given me an entirely new positive outlook on life.

There is nothing corny about that. I started practicing The Secret also and with in 48 hours my life took a dramatic life altering change. I encourage people to invest some time in learning about it.

i never thought of keeping one but that sounds like a good idea, maybe i will see things differently when i get one of those days where nothing seems to be going right.

There is nothing corny about that. I started practicing The Secret also and with in 48 hours my life took a dramatic life altering change. I encourage people to invest some time in learning about it.

Wow, Irishgal! Same here! I, and many of those close to me, have been amazed at the transformation I have made. I've been trying to spread the word and encourage those around me to watch, read, or listen to The Secret.

I know women who do keep a gratitude journal. Not being that organized, I write out gratitude lists every so often. It's always amazing to me how it makes me realize there is much in my life to be thankful for and I let the small stuff get to me. One of my best friends says, "Don't sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff".

Wow,
I had no idea so many people were into this!! I used to do a "count my blessings" list on really bad days, but having a book I can keep in one place is great.

Today was another bad day at work-I didn't feel well physically, and of course ongoing supervisor problems. Well, I just finished my journal-and I had 12 really special, amazing things to be grateful for-and I didn't realize it!!!

My mood has shot up significantly and I'm looking forward to doing my best tomorrow. I also bought a prayer journal, and wrote prayers for several people's needs besides my own.

So the end of the story for me is I needed an attitude adjustment today, and being grateful for things that are meaningful to me did the trick:tup:

count me in also! I haven't watched the dvd yet but reading all I have has had an impact on my attitude. I have tried many times to keep a gratitute journal but always seem to forget to write in it.

I kept a blog ages ago that I updated everyday and made sure that I wrote good things that had happened to me throughout the day, and what had made me happy. It really made me feel a lot more positive at a time when I was stressed, but after 3-4 months I gave it up as it took forever to write everything down!