Does anyone just move from one everyday bag to another ...

God forbid (for me, I certainly don't see a problem for others doing that-in fact I admire that for frugality purposes), but I really can't just stay with one bag everyday-I think I will be nuts pretty soon, carrying it out day after day.

I don't but I have a friend who does.. she'll buy an awesome Dior, LV, or Chanel.. but just one for that year.. she'll carry it ALL season everywhere and anywhere and with everything, then poof! the next year she'll buy a new high-end bag and the other one will vanish

(I think she gives it to her cleaning lady.. seriously)

Daily? wow!

I only have bags for basic needs. I hardly go out besides work so I will use a large, carryall everyday bag in a dark colour for about 6 mths then get a new one and throw away or forget about the old bag. And I will have another black bag for clubbing. Thats it. But now, after buying designer bags Im not sure if I should just sell the old one and get a new one everytime or keep them all. Will I start missing them if I sell them away? Or everytime I see them in the closet will it just remind me of the cash I would have got back if I sell them while the styles are not too old? Keep the extra cash or keep the extra bag?

No, but I am now leaning towards that after living the collector's lifestyle for a while. I'll still have a hell lot of bags as I don't want to sell most of them, but I will no longer add to the collection unless 1.) I have to because somehow I missed a bag that's necessary.

Daily? wow!

I only have bags for basic needs. I hardly go out besides work so I will use a large, carryall everyday bag in a dark colour for about 6 mths then get a new one and throw away or forget about the old bag. And I will have another black bag for clubbing. Thats it. But now, after buying designer bags Im not sure if I should just sell the old one and get a new one everytime or keep them all. Will I start missing them if I sell them away? Or everytime I see them in the closet will it just remind me of the cash I would have got back if I sell them while the styles are not too old? Keep the extra cash or keep the extra bag?

Getting a bag for six months before retiring it permanently sounds just like one of my co-workers. As big as my collection is, which I've purchased just in less than a year, she may even have more than I do, considering she's been doing this since she's been wearing purses? She always has to have a new one for every spring/summer and every fall/winter. She says they usually pile up too much in her closet that she eventually just gives them away to a charity like Goodwill.

If you simply forget about them like you say you do, I'd just sell them if I were you if they are in reasonable condition. Keep the extra cash. You're not in the mind of a collector (who keeps track of and values each bag, used or unused), so it's a waste of space and money.

I don't collect bags, I just buy them if they're pretty! Haha.

And I change my bags daily cos I have to attend lectures, and it really depends how much stuff I have to carry!

I feel really weird if I carry the same bag for more than 2 days, and I don't know why. Hahaha. I like changing my bags to suit my dressing style for that particular day. (:

I won't feel weird carrying the same bag everyday to work so long it serves its purposes because I feel its too expensive to keep different bags to accessorize my outfits as I have other priorities so I tend to go for a bag that matches all. It may be boring for some, but Im not bored with this ..... yet.

- big enough to carry all my things (umbrella, key pouch, make up bag, wallet, cardigan, hp ...)
and able to fit in an A4 file as well as leaving some space for other small purchases ie.cosmetics, toiletries..
- in rich leather and dark color
- not too formal looking, can use for weekends as well
- can serve me up to a year maximum

My current bag is 8 mths old already. I think it needs its rest. I need to get a new bag soon. I have less than 10 designer bags now. Maybe if I hit 10 or more then I will ...

either stop buying and use the bags alternately

or

start to apply the one in one out rule (sell a bag if I want to get a new one)...

Last edited:
I think you've met the person! :whiteflag: I find myself wearing my Gucci leather bag for weeks at a time because it's dark gray, goes with everything, roomy as anything and is weather resistant! I am trying to seek a black or eggplant colored bag that can live up to that. Until then this has been my every day bag with an occasional switch to my chocolate Rive Gauche on a bright sunny day!

After I graduated college and even in college, I only had a couple of bags and carried them ALL the time. Then once I got a real job, I bought a few more...and then a few more. And after joining TPF and being exposed to so many gorgeous bags, I have bought so many more. So I had to sell the ones I no longer use. I'm down to a manageable number now, but I seem to be battling an addiction.