Does anyone here ever actually lock their bags?

I never lock my Speedy - it would be too much of a hassle to keep unlocking it. I have the lock hanging on the leather tab and the keys are in an LV box at home. I don't like the keys to be hanging on the jumpring on the lock.

I've seen locks hanging from the metal chads attached to the handles instead of being attached to the leather tab.

I lock my L'Talenteux, and my L'Montaigne sometimes, depends on how much money is in it, never lock my speedy, probably would if I didn't have to lock my key fob with the key INSIDE of IT, at least the two I lock have outside lock holders, lock my luggage especially if they make me gate check my Pegase(since its my carryon usually has my jewelry and best stuff, etc.)

I lock my Speedy 40 when I'm using it as a carryon and going through the airport. I've heard too many stories of people sliding their hands in your bag when you're reading a book or distracted.

I disagree - at least in spirit, the locks ARE meant to be used. As Louis Vuitton was and still essentially, a travel goods company (I know people who only use their bags and LV handbags, in particularly Speedies, for travel) - the locks are a practical, and useful thing.

Imagine taking a holiday with a Mono Keepall, Mono Neverful and a Mono Speedy... you decide to go to the beach with your Neverful - it sort of makes sense to lock up your Keepall and Speedy while they're alone in your hotel room :tup:

True but what stops someone from cutting the leather zip tab? If they want money they're not going to care about the bag. If you know what I mean :smile:

True but what stops someone from cutting the leather zip tab? If they want money they're not going to care about the bag. If you know what I mean :smile:

Well..nothing but it does deter them slightly. I just went to Italy and I locked my keepall in the airport and in the hotel room. If it wasn't locked it was on my arm or on my lap.

It's helpful to keep the lock handy. there are sometimes when you are at a party where you don't want to have your purse on your arm the whole night, the lock on it might give you piece of mind when you set it down on a chair to go talk to someone.

It would be too much trouble to lock your purse considering you would have to get in and out of it at least a few times a day. I usually hang the lock on the flap of my speedy with the keys attached to the lock (that is how the SA did it at the store). However, I thought I would mention that when the my speedy is not in use, I take off the lock and place it inside the interior pocket of my bag because if you store it with the lock on the leather tag, it can leave a dark mark on it if left on too long.