Does anyone have this Large Shopping Bag?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello! First post here.

I just got this “Large Shopping Bag” and love it. Does anyone else have this bag? I have a few questions for those that do.

1. Is there another name for this bag? I think I’ve seen Classic Tote somewhere, is that right?

2. Do you use a purse organizer insert with this bag, and if so, which one?

3. How has this bag held up overtime?

4. I noticed the inside cotton liner is slightly smaller than the outside leather, so the liner is a bit suspended rather than completely touching the bottom of the bag. Does yours do that?

Thanks!

9BD17F40-08DE-4629-B2C6-6CFBE94306C2.jpeg 727A2703-78D5-4EFE-91EF-5497C0F87AA4.jpeg
  2. Congrats on this beauty!!! ❤️❤️

I plan on getting my first actual Chanel bag (only own a WOC) later this year and have been debating if I should get this as my first or a reissue. I know this bag I’d get a lot of use right away.

With the little info I’ve seen about this bag online I keep coming across the name “Classic timeless tote”

I hope more ppl chime in as I too am curious to find out more about this beautiful bag

3. I have it in navy. It’s called “Timeless Classic Caviar Tote.” I do not use a purse organizer because everything I carry is in a case of some sort.

This purse is workhorse, much like the GST, but without the big, gaudy CCs. BTW, I have a GST!

I hadn’t noticed anything with the funky with the lining. As long as my stuff fits in it, I’m good![​IMG]

kn85 and cplo04 like this.
  4. Twinning with you!, it was Chanel Caviar Classic Timeless Tote Bag. I just love it!, its the [​IMG]perfect everyday bag or Travel bag.

Sparkletastic, Zucnarf and cplo04 like this.
  5. Thanks everyone! It's good to know its proper name, maybe I should've done a bit more due diligence before I bought it, but I just fell in love with it at the boutique (even though I was initially there to buy a boy bag but then ended up getting this because the boy just looks weird on me).

This bag fits so much stuff, including my laptop, and somehow still manages to be pretty light. I ended up getting this purse organizer in medium and it works quite well. I frequently carry several phones with me and like having a pocket for each one. Here are some pictures of the bag in action with laptop and purse organizer. My laptop is 12"L x 9"W.
    IMG_2703.jpg IMG_2704.jpg

Bibi25260, tweezer, jO07 and 7 others like this.
  6. The navy is gorgeous! I just bought this today in the black caviar with gold hardware..can’t wait to get home and unbox it!

7. This is my perfect bag--is it still in stores? Is the retail about $4,600?

8. It’s a lovely bag!
    Emma Anders on YT has one and has done two videos on it (she loves it that much lol)

I played with it in store and really loved it! Seems perfect for those of us who have to carry around a ton of stuff or just prefer an open top, but love the classic Chanel look.
    I almost bought the chevron version at the Heathrow Airport for £3190 last week but had to tell myself to calm down because I just got a jumbo classic flap in the same trip. I hope to perhaps get one some other day though.

9. Yes they are still in stores but they were last released in Cruise 19 so there might not be that many pieces left but they have been bringing these out seasonally for a while now in different leathers and hardware. I have seen lambskin and caviar in a variety of colours with both gold and silver hardware. I bought the black caviar with gold hardware and its such a beautiful well crafted bag. The main benefit is that its actually a really lightweight bag. I have a GST and its much lighter and I feel its even lighter than my Deauville tote. The youtube review above was really helpful and sealed the deal for me! I paid £3560 about 3-4 weeks ago. I also saw the navy with gold hardware version in Dubai and its very beautiful.

papertiger likes this.
  10. Congrats on this classic beauty! I love it!

11. I love that she warns against carrying a 15" MacBook even though it fits. Fashion bags can't deal with that weight.

I think it looks like a great bag, for work, for shopping for days out, for everyday, but, I do think it's a lot of money for a tote (£1K more than an Hermes Garden Party 36 which is prob even stronger). I used to have a GST and I know if given the choice between the 2, I would have preferred the Timeless for all the reasons EA stated but if anyone needs heavyweight durability longterm there are more cost-effective alternatives out there.

Bags_4_life likes this.
  12. I'm literally dying for this bag even more now that Karl has passed.

13. It is a really lovely bag. It’s become my everyday bag. It holds so much yet is still lightweight. Much easier to carry than my jumbo.

14. Thank you--I needed to hear that. I'm not in love with my Jumbo, but I've been reluctant to let it go for some reason. This helps!

15. Ah maybe don't rush to get rid of your jumbo!
    As much as I love the timeless tote I love my Jumbo far more. Yes its heavy but its such a classic and goes with everything.