Does anyone have the Sydney Shoulder Flap Bag?

clb2009

Feb 9, 2009
I think that the Syndey Shoulder Flap Bag in black leather is very classy looking, but before I pay that kind of money I would like some feedback from someone that owns this bag. If you have this bag would you let me know how you like it? Is it wearing well? Do you like it as much as you thought that you would? Please let me know what you think about it?

Thank you for your help with this decision!

I think that the Syndey Shoulder Flap Bag in black leather is very classy looking, but before I pay that kind of money I would like some feedback from someone that owns this bag. If you have this bag would you let me know how you like it? Is it wearing well? Do you like it as much as you thought that you would? Please let me know what you think about it?

Thank you for your help with this decision!

Somebody please? I can't believe that not one TPF'er has this bag.

Is this the one you are talking about? The only person I know of that got this is our moderator, Baglady. She posted about it some time ago complete with pics...did you search? I'll see if I can find it. I would love to get feedback on this bag as well, but there's been very little talk about it.

Attachments

• base_media.jpg
    base_media.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 65
i don't own it but it's on my wish list over at coach.com and i finally got a chance to check it out today... i think it's a fantastic bag with gorgeous details... i don't know how well it will wear since i don't own it but it feels fairly substantial... it was not as heavy as my lindsay so i am guessing the leather must be a bit thinner... the metallic one is stunning in person and the teal has a very rich color too... even the basic black and white ones were quite the lookers... i did not see the exotics in store that i recall... with PCE, the leather and metallic leather sydneys come down to $598.50 which seems like a fair price for a full price statement bag though i will probably stalk them at macy's and wait for a sale or see if they turn up at the outlets

hope an owner can give you more feedback soon!

Hi there,

I have the Sydney in embossed gray. I *love* it. The pictures on the web site don't show the beauty of the color or the hardware. If I'd only seen it online, I'd have wondered why it costs so much. In person, it's pretty gorgeous.

I will say that the two embossed versions (off-white and gray) look much better to me than the regular versions. I don't particularly care for the matte finish of the regular colors, and frankly, I think it takes away from the "wow" factor. The embossed versions are more expensive than the (already expensive) regular versions, but if I'm paying that much already, it better be exactly right.

Things I love:
- my "gray" bag has some tinges of green in it, so it goes with any color.
- the hardware and leather are gorgeous
- lots of space, plenty of pockets. I hate giant hobo bags because I lose stuff in the bottom. This bag keeps me organized.
- it's a big, heavy-looking bag, but it's very comfortable to carry, and much lighter than it looks.
- already gotten compliments on it, just confirming my purchase. (Well, my husband's purchase -- it was a gift that I picked out. :smile: )

Things I don't love so much:
- it's a pretty big bag, and bigger than I'm used to. Works well for days I need to carry a bag, but it's usually too big for me for weekends, when I like smaller bags.
- it's on the dressier side, so doesn't work with really dressed-down clothes. (But I wear it with jeans all the time and it looks great.)
- I'm not a fan of the "handbag" handle. I prefer to wear bags on my shoulder most of the time, so the handle gets in the way for me. (If you're a handle girl, you can actually bury the shoulder strap in the purse so it's out of the way.)

No regrets, and every time I look at it, it makes me happy. It has also started a handbag obsession that my husband is very sorry he activated... :smile:

Let me know if you have other questions!

Great run-down of the bag, zippy! Thanks so much for taking the time to post the information. I agree that this bag looks really rich and elegant like some of the older lines. I've been curious to actually go see it IRL...