does anyone have the prada Daino Convertible Side Pocket Hobo?

qudz104

O.G.
Apr 23, 2010
this is the bag in question: http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...me=Prada&N=4294912360+306418110&bmUID=jMcRDO0

i have tried looking for the prada number to look it up online but i cant seem to find it. i see it is sold at saks, neiman marcus and BG. i wonder, does anyone have it? how has it held up so far? is it good/big enough to use as a purse and stow away stuff for my little one?

i assume being leather it will be heavy to use as a mommy bag itself.. i was deciding between this and the LV nf mm, which undoubedly will be lighter, but i am considering this as well. any opinions will be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance!

kells102

Sep 20, 2012
I can't see the bag from that link...I have a 2 year old and a 2 month old and I just bought a Tory burch tote...it's nylon so it's really light and cleans up really well...I use it as my diaper bag and I love it (plus it has a ton of room).

sandc

likes giraffes
Sep 16, 2009
I don't have one, but I've seen them irl. The leather is nice. Not too soft, so it will be durable, but not as rough as saffiano. It is a decent size and you could fit a lot into it. I like that it has a snap closure. I used to own a NF and I found that the thin straps would dig into my shoulder if I had to load up the bag. I think the Prada is nice because you can use the one long strap if you need too, but the double handles also fit over the shoulder. If I was picking between the two, I would get the prada.

shoppingpal

shop,shop,shop
O.G.
Aug 27, 2009
Washington, DC
qudz104 said:
this is the bag, sorry for the small thumbnail!
I have a variation of this bag, which I've had for over 3 years now. It has held up pretty well. When it was brand new, my son was just a toddler so I used to put sippy cups in one of the side pockets and didn't have any issues. It was actually a durable mommy bag. Can't say that I used it every day for 3 years but I used it quite alot! Good luck!

lambchop15

Feb 28, 2012
Long Island, NY
I purchased the Vitello Daino side pockets hobo, which looks very similar to the one you are looking for. The size and the body of the bag looks similar too, but the straps are different. Vitello daino has only one thick strap and no shoulder strap. It is a very comfortable bag, a nice size with extra room to carry things, and the leather is beautiful. I also have the LV Neverfull large size. While I like them both, I prefer the look of the Prada more. If you can see both bags side by side, it will help you to be able to decide. :smile:

qudz104

O.G.
Apr 23, 2010
Thank you all for the input!

I have been reading the threads that saffiano is more classic then the daino... If there any reason why?
Will this bag age badly after multiple use? Would i be better off with saffiano? Sorry, so many questions!
I am hoping to stay under $1500 and get the most practical (ie mommy and baby) and best looking bag for the price.

Sophieselt

Dec 8, 2011
--Nordstrom in Seattle has it in red I believe- call them and ask for Peggy Urban-
I just bought one from her and I think this was in her inventory--

MmMacarons

Jan 2, 2013
San Francisco, CA
I use this as a work bag and I love it! It definitely holds up great. I love the option of using it as a cross body bag, so it is super functional and stylish. The leather is super supple and overall it seems like a structurally sound bag.