Does anyone have the Marielle in Bordeaux?

ceridwen

Feb 4, 2011
Coastside
I have been attracted by the Marielles for a while now, and I also admire the Bordeaux red. Has anyone gotten this bag? I don't recall seeing a reveal of it over the past few months: it seems that Marielle fever swept through here during spring and summer, and that people have been opting for other styles this fall. Hmm: now I wonder whether a drawstring bag is a style more associated with spring and summer? Anyway, I am curious about the Bordeaux Marielle. Coach.com has lots of glowing reviews of the bag, but there's not much reference to it here--and I trust the wisdom of TPF more than the reviews on the Coach site!

Mariquel

O.G.
Jun 23, 2008
I think you can wear the drawstring style year-round and I love the Marielle in this color. It's probably just the timing......Bordeaux came out in the Lindsey/Sophia and Abigail first, so if you already bought one of these, it's hard justifying another bag in the same color (at least for me).

I'd love to see a reveal of a Bordeaux Marielle......if you need any enabling. :graucho:

toby11

O.G.
Feb 23, 2009
Dallas
I have the Bordeaux Marielle ... I love the Marielle style but just couldn't find a color that I loved enough until I saw the Bordeaux and that was it! The leather is soft and smooshy like the Bordeaux Hailey (which I also have), and the lining is a medium gray, very pretty next to the Bordeaux leather, and I adore that side pocket. I haven't done a reveal yet, just been busy ... but I'll try to post some pics this evening after work. I think the drawstring style can be worn year round, and the Bordeaux to me is actually more of a fall/winter color.

nc.girl

Girly Gear Head
Dec 10, 2010
North Carolina, USA
I don't think a drawstring bag is for any specific season, really...I think the color is the more season-specific part myself. I have a black Marielle, and love her. The bordeaux is a gorgeous color; I wouldn't mind having one in that color too! Please post pics if you get one!

emilybug

purse fickle
O.G.
Feb 21, 2010
Tulsa
I almost got it with PCE. I have a white Marielle and I love it. But since I have the Bordeaux gathered Lindsey, I held off. I'd love to see a reveal!

ecj*waxy

O.G.
Sep 8, 2009
I have the Bordeaux Marielle ... I love the Marielle style but just couldn't find a color that I loved enough until I saw the Bordeaux and that was it! The leather is soft and smooshy like the Bordeaux Hailey (which I also have), and the lining is a medium gray, very pretty next to the Bordeaux leather, and I adore that side pocket. I haven't done a reveal yet, just been busy ... but I'll try to post some pics this evening after work. I think the drawstring style can be worn year round, and the Bordeaux to me is actually more of a fall/winter color.
Oh, I would love to see pics!:cool:

2n2

Oct 27, 2006
I have a bronze marielle and LOVE everything about it--the feel and look of the leather, the size and shape, etc. I don't think a drawstring is season specific, especially with the beautiful colors they have out now. Good luck deciding!

ceridwen

Feb 4, 2011
Coastside
I think you can wear the drawstring style year-round and I love the Marielle in this color. It's probably just the timing......Bordeaux came out in the Lindsey/Sophia and Abigail first, so if you already bought one of these, it's hard justifying another bag in the same color (at least for me).

I'd love to see a reveal of a Bordeaux Marielle......if you need any enabling. :graucho:
Yes, I agree with you about the timing: and the pattern of reveal here reflects that, with lots of reveals of the Lindsay/Sophia and Abigail, and esp. of the gathered, but none yet of the Marielle in Bordeax!

ceridwen

Feb 4, 2011
Coastside
I would love to see some pics--and, as I said above, I think that yours would be the first reveal of the Marielle in Bordeaux. I'm especially curious about the size. I know that last spring Coach released Marielle in small sized (flint and slate), but the rest were large (too large for some TPFers!). Is this version still large, or a version made to fall between the large and small sizes of last season?

ceridwen

Feb 4, 2011
Coastside
I don't think a drawstring bag is for any specific season, really...I think the color is the more season-specific part myself. I have a black Marielle, and love her. The bordeaux is a gorgeous color; I wouldn't mind having one in that color too! Please post pics if you get one!
I am still considering whether to order one, but I will certainly post pics if I do!

Loco4Coco

O.G.
Jul 9, 2008
I don't have it but have seen it IRL and think it's stunning, the leather is beautiful as well as the color!

jane104

Jan 6, 2012
quick bump

I just bought a bordeaux Marielle (17016) from an outlet earlier this week. She's PERFECT except she only has one hangtag (the leather one). This wasn't a problem to me when I was buying her, but I went on the Coach website and noticed that the Marielles are supposed to have 2 hangtags: one leather, one metal.

The odd thing is that the outlet also had the marielles in black and ivory (dove?) and none of those had metal hangtags either.

I went onto ebay and noticed that some marielles only had one hangtag, and I think there was a pic of a bordeaux marielle on TPF a while ago that showed only one hangtag.

This doesn't really bother me, but I was wondering if I should contact Coach or go to a store to ask them about a new hangtag. Your thoughts?