Does anyone have the Coach Hamptons Hobo with the clip fastening z?

Narnanz

Instagram tania_r_k
Jun 24, 2018
The picture below is probably wrong in all ways but I was hoping to get opinions from those who have this style bag.

One of the bags I want to buy for myself this year is Gucci leather Swing tote, but I keep going back to the Jackis as its a classic.

I thought that this style is the closest to the Gucci Jackie that I could find thats not going to cost the earth and see if that style would suit me.

So is there anyone out there who could give be their opinion on how this style bag works for them

Ta Muchly
IMG_20210112_161611.jpg

It doesn’t. You might have read me post on this already. I picked up a preowned Coach suede hobo with a magnetic fastener that went over the top like above, instead of a clip. After it was cleaned up, I took it for a late morning early afternoon burst of errands to give it a run. Having to flip the fastener back and forth over the zipper to get in and out repeatedly Drove Me Crazy. I even laughed to a clerk on my last errand as I fumbled at one point, I'm not keeping this bag! It got donated at the speed of light. I can do a flap, a zipper or drawstring only, no additional closures.
YMMV

Reactions: Narnanz
It doesn’t. You might have read me post on this already. I picked up a preowned Coach suede hobo with a magnetic fastener that went over the top like above, instead of a clip. After it was cleaned up, I took it for a late morning early afternoon burst of errands to give it a run. Having to flip the fastener back and forth over the zipper to get in and out repeatedly Drove Me Crazy. I even laughed to a clerk on my last errand as I fumbled at one point, I'm not keeping this bag! It got donated at the speed of light. I can do a flap, a zipper or drawstring only, no additional closures.
YMMV
ta muchley...wondered if that was the case.

ta muchley...wondered if that was the case.
I am curious to hear from others who own the style and hear their thoughts.
One thing to considerer, as they are charming styles, keep your eyes open for a super inexpensive bag in that style and test drive it yourself. My suede Coach hobo was $3 at a flea market. It was a very inexpensive way to try out the style. On a side note, I was reading either a thread or article somewhere about women buying legit bags made in the style of high priced luxury bags. I am not talking counterfeits here, obviously they do not have the logos or trademarks. But just like clothing is made in a budget version from high priced styles, the same is for bags. Women were quoted they could buy a $300 version of a bag, say like a Birkin, and use it to see if they thought of it before parting with $$$$ on the real deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Narnanz
I am curious to hear from others who own the style and hear their thoughts.
One thing to considerer, as they are charming styles, keep your eyes open for a super inexpensive bag in that style and test drive it yourself. My suede Coach hobo was $3 at a flea market. It was a very inexpensive way to try out the style. On a side note, I was reading either a thread or article somewhere about women buying legit bags made in the style of high priced luxury bags. I am not talking counterfeits here, obviously they do not have the logos or trademarks. But just like clothing is made in a budget version from high priced styles, the same is for bags. Women were quoted they could buy a $300 version of a bag, say like a Birkin, and use it to see if they thought of it before parting with $$$$ on the real deal.
Thats what Im thinking of doing...finding a cheap Hampton hobo and trying it out. If it works for me than the Jackie might be ok.
Did this with a Hermes birkin dupe in size 30. know that for me I would need the 35...if I ever had the money to ever buy one.

Reactions: Lake Effect