Does anyone have pics of .75 ct tw diamond studs?

vannarene

Feb 6, 2013
Just bought a pair online but I'm too anxious and dying to see what they look like, size wise!

I'll admit, I don't know a whole lot about diamonds. I'm just starting my collection, really. I really really really wanted a decent size pair of diamond earrings for a good price. I found a pair, 0.75 Ct Round Diamond Stud Earrings, F, I3 for $259 online. Without being able to see them yet, what do you ladies think? I'm only 24, single mom, work full-time and go to school, I don't have the money really to buy the best quality diamonds, but I want that pretty diamond look.

Did I get a good deal? Did I waste my money? Thanks ladies :smile:

Clarity of I3 is terrible, as the flaw is all over the stones... I doubt these earrings will sparkle because 0.35ct diamond is big enough (4.5mm) so any black inclusions would be competedly shown off to your eyes

I agree with what has been said. I did what you did and ordered a pair of diamond studs a couple of years ago for what I thought was a steal (I knew nothing about diamonds at the time) and when I received them was so disappointed at how dull and lifeless they were. Unfortunately, good quality diamond studs - especially at the size you are looking for - do not come cheap.

I'll be the voice of dissent.... I think the price is good. No, they won't sparkle much, but the will be a nice size and a decent colour.

The inclusions might be black spots.... but they may not. They might be feathered and have a crushed ice appearance. Some might be bothered by that, others not, especially for earrings.

Ultimately until you see them you won't know if you like them. My engagement solitaire is J, I2. I know it's a bad stone, but it's the one my hubby ( who doesn't "get" jewellery at all and will never in a million years spend much on it) got me. The inclusions are obvious feathers but there are no black spots. I'd have no reservations with earrings of a similar quality, given the affordability - as long as the inclusions weren't black.

That's just me though.

For that price I'd consider a good pair of cz earrings. Or perhaps pearls? I don't think you're going to get much sparkle from the I3, and that's the point of diamond studs, right? I'd also question whether or not they're F, I doubt there's credible documentation at that price point.

I bought my first pair of earrings from a jeweler who allows trade ups.
My first pair were really small and as I got more money I was able to trade up a few times to larger sizes. You might try going that route.

For that price I'd consider a good pair of cz earrings. Or perhaps pearls? I don't think you're going to get much sparkle from the I3, and that's the point of diamond studs, right? I'd also question whether or not they're F, I doubt there's credible documentation at that price point.

I agree with this, pearls would be a great alternative and also look very chic. At the price you want to spend you could get a nice pair set in 18k gold. I also don't see the point of diamond studs unless they sparkle.

Another alternative is to go for a much smaller (and therefore cheaper) pair of diamond studs with better stats so that you still get the look but don't compromise on quality. My first studs (after the fiasco with the original duds that I bought) were just under a third carat in total but were still noticeable in the ear size-wise and sparkled beautifully.

I totally agree with etk123 and onebagtoomany, I would go the CZ route. A pair of flawed diamonds with no sparkle and flaws or really teeny diamonds is not going to give you the diamond experience or,feeling you're looking for. A pair of decent quality cz's might. Only you will know they aren't real. No one is going to examine them and a larger size will make you feel,pretty and give you the look you want. Good quality diamonds are a big investment. Good quality pearls are an option but I have to say for everyday earrings you have to be very careful with pearls. No hairspray once they're on and keep away from harsh chemicals and perfume too. Again I would go with a cheaper pair for everyday. I have good pearls and a pair made from ground down swararky crystals

The phone rang and when I reached I hit send by accident. Ugh hate that and now we can't delete our posts so I apologize for spelling and grammar of first post. But you get the idea. Buy what looks pretty to you and will make you feel pretty and when your financial position is better you can worry about quality,

Bah. We'll see when I get them. The seller is really good about returns and exchanges. They ensured me I could always return them for a smaller, better quality pair. If .33ct is going to be that big, I think I wouldn't mind sacrificing a smaller diamond for a better quality.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good quality CZ, just in case? :smile: Thanks for the advice!

And is SI3 any good? For a smaller diamond?

Not ideal still, because 1) it's a made up grade and is really still just I1, and two even at that size will still be so heavily included it will block a lot of light. The biggest issue is you have no idea what you are ACTUALLY getting. You're buying what someone is guesstimating. These are not real lab grades.