Does anyone have Gustto Parina? Reviews, please?

cooper1

wag more, bark less
O.G.
Aug 11, 2007
Hi everyone!
I was wondering if anyone here has the large Gustto Parina. I really like this bag, but was worried about the weight of it.
Does anyone have this bag? Any pros/cons you'd like you discuss?
How is the weight of the bag when empty?
Is there any closure at the top besides the outer drawstring? Any magnetic closure, etc?
I did a search here and couldn't find much info on this bag. Any info would be super!
Thanks!
:P

...I had a Baca in the past, but never really loved the large gold ring that hung down in the middle. I don't know why, but that part I really didn't like enough that I ended up selling the bag.
I do love Gustto leather though! Yummy and squishy!

I have the parina in Beige (Brown, light color). I love the bag and for it's size it really isn't that heavy. I am used to larger bags though. Also I am very petite 5'3 and only about 110 pounds and I don't have a problem carrying my Parina. I do love her and the leather is to die for. I got her for a great price and the color is perfect for fall and winter coming up. The only things I do not like is the zippers are cheap, cheaply made and really cheaply looking, they close sorta harshly - not nice and smooth. Also the inside lining isn't the best nor the inside zipper but my biggest complaint is the side pockets. They are just not shaped right. The bigger longer one opens up to wide things fall out quite easily and it is not deep enough and the smaller one for a cell (really won't fit many cellphones I know) and also is not deep enough, I put my lipgloss, lip liner and pen in there and continually have to grab them from the bottom of my bag because they were not made with enough depth, too short so they come out. I will keep her because of the leather but they really need to look at how they are making these pockets and just not throw some in there and also the zippers just frankly suck. Sorry but that is my opinion of them. All in all if you are getting a good price on the bag it is majorily worth is because it carrys well and the leather is the best, just wish the hardwear was high priced looking for as much as the parina retailed for. I own many Koobas and their hardware is a million times better than my Gustto Parina, doesn't even compare, Kooba's zippers are so smooth, thick and sleek looking whereas Gusttos are thin, cheap and you have to strongly pull them close for a jagged closing........:hrmm:

I'LL TRY AND TAKE A PIC OF MYSELF CARRYING MY IRL WHEN I GET HOME TONIGHT SO YOU CAN SEE HOW IT LOOKS AND MAYBE OF THE INSIDE POCKETS HOLDING MY THINGS SO YOU CAN SEE WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT. I STILL LOVE THE BAG WITH IT'S FLAWS I GOT MINE NWT FOR $260 TOTAL INCLUDING SHIPPING, HAD TO HAGGLE WITH THE SELLER THOUGH BUT GOT HER AT A GREAT PRICE SO WORTH IT BUT IF I WOULD OF PAID THE ALMOST $ I WOULD OF BEEN A BIT PEEVED AT THE DOWNFALLS I MENTIONED.

Last edited:
Hmmm... Interesting.... Someone told me the bag is a bit heavy which really turned me off to it... So now you have me thinking about it again....
Soooo, you PF'ers who have these would say it is more on the lightweight side???
There is one in particular I am interested in, but have been a bit turned off in thinking it may be too heavy. I am 5'4" and I love big bags, so the size is not so much a problem for me.

Whitemama: Thanks for your detailed review! I have had a Baca in the past, and I agree with you on the zippers. As far as the Parina goes, do you mind that the top is open? Is the leather very squishy, or does it get softer/squishier over time? Does the bottom "bell" out? From the online pix I have seen (I have not seen one in the style IRL) it looks like the bottom of the bag is darted and flairs out at the bottom.

Coop!: I have this bag in orange and I love it! It isn't heavy at all and a really great size! Mine has the ghetto yellow "gustto" logo lining and although some may not like it, I love it! It is bright and I can see into the bag. As for the inside pockets, the cell phone pocket fits my Envy but may not accomodate the larger phones. The larger pocket is an awkward size. The zippers are brass and mine work very smoothly. I just drug it out of it's sleeper to describe it and feel in love with it again, it's going out for a spin today! I think this is the handbag I'll bring with me to NYC, it is large enough to fit everything I need, including a magazine, water, etc. I can fit my 13" macbookin it! I am 5'4" and I really love this size but I really love big bags, as long as they are not heavy and this one isn't! The leather is really gorgeous too!

Oh, I didn't even notice the "bell" until you mentioned it. It doesn't really stand out at all, I think it just helps the bag expand with your stuff. The leather isn't as soft as the baca's but it is really NICE. I wouldn't call it squishy but very textured and fairly soft. I do think this handbag will wear better and the leather will get even more soft and amazing!

I have 2 of the large Parinas--both from ebay. My fave is a petrol one--I was lucky to get that one super cheap (guess no one else wanted it). It is not too big for me (5' 6") though my hair guy commented on it this week "that purse big enough for you?" (shut UP!)

They aren't heavy, imo, my zippers look great and work fine. The cel phone pocket does fit my Verizon Strawberry, but that is a small phone. There is a big zippered pocket in front where I keep my security pass, coupons (never know when I will be near an Ulta) and I guess you could keep a phone there too.

The non-petrol one is a kind of grey-green and its leather is more smooth (it was brand new, I think, the cel phone pocket is much tighter). What is interesting is the handle drop on the bags--one is 12" and the other 10"--they both work fine. There is a question about the shorter drop if you do a search--some tpf'er saw a pic of Jessica Alba with the shorter drop and was wondering about it. There is no snap or any kind of closure on the top but I love the bags anyway, the petrol one has turned into my go-to bag, over my Bacas and Koobas even. I really didn't notice the bell-flair til recently, mine doesn't do much flairing out. The leather is very soft, the petrol one is more bumpy and thanks to me, very broken in. Last week I put it down on my patio (I never do this with my bags but I was in a rush and the patio is clean) and I was filling a watering can (the rush was because some flowers were drooping), the can overflowed and my petrol bag is getting soaked in the water puddle. But 10 minutes later, it was dry and no water marks (I just checked again). It just keeps getting softer and softer, so squishy.

I say go for it and get one! I am always looking for a beige or caramel one but I really don't need another. :nogood:

Wow getting more and more parina lover one here. I also did search on here about her before I purchsed and I seen the thing abou the handle drop and it does seem that some are longer and others are shorter. Mine has the shorter drop but if fits perfectly and stays on my shoulder very well. My zippers are brass also and again it might just be me but I am just used to my Kooba zippers, there just so big and really smooth metal. This summer I purchased the Kooba Callie in hot pink and the denim coated Natasha. My parina does flare out a bit but I think it looks fine and I have had a couple compliments about her already. The top of these bags don't have any other closing but I really don't think you need one besides the drawstring, the bag is pretty deep and the way it sits I have never had anything fall out of it when I sit her down. This will be one of my fall/winter bags and I am pretty sure I will be holding on to her for awhile and will come back to her quite often. The Parina looks great with jeans and I wear jeans almost all the time. Work in a hospital and wear scrubs so don't really need many dressy bags. I love the slouchy leather bags. I personally don't find this bag heavy at all except when I load it up with things - but that would be expected as its a bag full of stuff. No ones' home here right now or I would take a PIC of mine but for anyone on the fence on buying one I would, seem to be able to get good deals on ebay just be careful who your buying from. Gustto seems to change a lot of things with their bags, like the handle drop and lining having Gustto all over it and others not, so I have heard from other threads hard to really get anything to distinguish if it is fake or not until you get it and then see that it's crappy leather. I think the leather on these bags are like no other I have owned anywhere. I am eyeing a Setela Extra Large one now, if anyone maybe can give me their viewpoints on that bag if they have it. Only thing is I have always been a easy open bag type of gal with magnetic closure so I can get bag open and shut really easy and the Setela is zippered but I really like the look of her so thinking on getting one....................;)

Hmmm... Interesting.... Someone told me the bag is a bit heavy which really turned me off to it... So now you have me thinking about it again....
Soooo, you PF'ers who have these would say it is more on the lightweight side???
There is one in particular I am interested in, but have been a bit turned off in thinking it may be too heavy. I am 5'4" and I love big bags, so the size is not so much a problem for me.

Whitemama: Thanks for your detailed review! I have had a Baca in the past, and I agree with you on the zippers. As far as the Parina goes, do you mind that the top is open? Is the leather very squishy, or does it get softer/squishier over time? Does the bottom "bell" out? From the online pix I have seen (I have not seen one in the style IRL) it looks like the bottom of the bag is darted and flairs out at the bottom.

Cooper1...to clarify what I told you about the bag being a bit heavy...that was based on the opinion of the young lady who was visiting me the day I responded to your question. I personally don't find it to be heavy, but then I carry so much in my bags that I hardly notice the weight. Several days ago, my dentist picked up my baca and commented that I needed a license to carry a such a weapon!! :confused1: He thought it was incredibly heavy when I hardly notice the weight at all!