Does anyone have any earrings (preferable diamond)with 6-prong settings?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I want to get a larger size set of diamond earrings. I have my choice of any setting and I really think I like the 6 prong tiffany-style. The problem is I have never tried them on. So, I was hoping that someone here might have a pair and would be willing to take a modeling picture for me to see? Thanks in advance!! I know it will really help me :smile:

2. Mine are set with 6-prongs although I recall there being a thread here discussing the "martini" setting as it seems to show-off the diamond the best.

Would be happy to snap a shot for you & post once I get home....unless someone beats me to it!!

3. Can I ask the intended carat weight?
    My 2cttw pair is 3 prong martinis and my 1 cttw is 4-prong.
    I prefer the least amount of metal. If I were worried about 4 prongs making it look square I'd go down to 3 prong or do 5 instead of 6.

4. I very rarely see 6 prong settings anymore, so I am unfortunately useless. Mine are 3 prongs.

5. The total carat weight is 1.44. I just think I like the look, but I would want to see a modeling shot to be certain. My everyday pair is bezel set. I know I will lose some of the diamond size, but I am going up by double of bezel set and I think the cut and specs (1.1 and 1.3 on the HollowayCut Advisor) will more than make up for itl But I could really use some modeling shots to be certain. So, please post them if you have them. I would REALLY appreciate it!

6. Hmm. I'm not sure I have seen 6 prong in an earring but maybe if the stone is very large? My e-ring is 6 prong but my diamond studs which are just under a carat each are 4 prong.

7. Here's an online pic:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

6 prong martinis:

[​IMG]

8. I love, love, love the 6 prongs! Somehow they just seem to look more "balanced." Not sure balanced is the proper word but it is the only one that comes to mind at the moment.

I have 4 prongs on my small (0.50) and I hate cleaning them. I wonder if the 6 prongs would be worse??? Or if it is just the size? I hate my 4 prongs so much when it comes to cleaning, I have been considering martini for my upgrade but it generally is not my favorite. However, I have never seen 6 prongs before (how is that possible) and I love both!

Whatever you choose, please post pics!!!

9. I think 6 prongs are a classic...personally I prefer 4. Can't go wrong with both.

10. Contessa: Where is that picture you promised? Whenever you get a chance, I would really appreciate it!

Swanky Mama Of Three: Thanks for the online pics (I have actually seen several sites offering them), but I was really hoping for some modeling pics so that I can see it on the ear. They would be set in platinum, if that makes a difference ;)

foggybrooke: I think I know what you mean, but I cannot put my finger on it either.

nvie: I do *love* a classic!

11. No offense, but 4 prong has never appealed to me. I guess it's good, kept me from swooning for a Tiffany's ER!

12. ^^ITA, but differences is what makes us unique and it would be pretty boring if we were all the same. Having said that I am glad that I found someone who has the same taste as me regarding the 4 prongs. To me it just does not accentuate the round diamond. I think for other shapes it works, but not the round.

13. I'm with Swanky, I like the least amount of metal too. But my jeweller refused to set my studs in 3 prongs because the stones wouldn't be secure if one of the prongs become loose. He relented when I asked for 3 double-prong. My other pair of studs are in a 5-prong setting. Personally, I don't like 4 prongs as it makes the diamond squarish and a 6-prong setting is too much metal. Anyway, whether it's 3, 4, 5 or 6 prongs, I would make sure the craftsman can make the prongs as fine as possible (relative to the diamond). I've seen some settings where the prongs so thick and coarse, it makes the diamond look even smaller.