Does anyone have a pic of the Langford?

hmmm im off to call Mulberry HQ lol

:lol: Didn't we get all confused over this a while ago? Can't remember for the life of me what we decided! I must admit though that I thought when they first came out, that the samller one was called the Havanna :upsidedown: IE 'Havanna in havanna leather'?

Would love to know for sure......

Ok I just spoke to the SA at York and she measured the bag and described it to me.

They have an Oak Langford in stock in havana leather so it is definetly from the same range as my hanover and mini hanover.:thinking:

She measured the base of the bag (10") which is the same as my mini hanover, but when i asked her to describe it and compare it to a phoebe (as the hanover shape is based on a phoebe), she said its similar but there are two flaps at the base of the bag!:shrugs: :huh:

I have no idea what this bag is :wacko:but it sure isnt the same as my baby hanover as there are no flaps on that one! :confused1:Arrgh why did they make so many wierd bags in this range!:hrmm: I wish the SA knew what a hanover looked like as she would have been able to confirm if it was simply a smaller version of that. Sadly she didnt remember the hanover.

THIS sounds like the Rivington to me.

This is Sugarspice's photo of her Langham (on the left) and her Hanover.

This is the photo of the Rivington, you can see what the SA probably means about the 'flaps' on the sides at the bottom of the bag.

I think the one that is at the shop is the Rivington.

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Rivington.jpg
    Rivington.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 39
Ali , what page of the thread are the pics on ?

Here are modelling pics with Hanover by myself and Alycat - I believe we are both about 5ft 4in however Aly is quite a bit thinner than I am. In this photo I'm a UK Size 16/18.

It should give you some idea on the size of the bag though.

Attachments

• Hanover 2.jpg
    Hanover 2.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 48
  • Hanover 3.jpg
    Hanover 3.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 47
  • hanover2.jpg
    hanover2.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 47
Right, found the thread where we got confused before

http://forum.purseblog.com/mulberry/difference-between-the-hanover-and-langham-371562.html

Hope this helps a bit, but still no difinitive proof re the 'Havana' I'm still pretty sure though that that's the name of the smaller version of the Hanover :s

Sugarspice, it sounds like what the sa has just described is the Langford, and Ali - B I'm sure that what we saw the woman at Shepton carrying was the Rivington. Did we say all this already??? Off for a lie down bow, Phew, this is hard work :lol:

Oh and in answer to the orig question, I do have a pic of the Langford in that old booklet I referred to on the previous thread. The only thing is, I've just got a new printer and I haven't worked out how to use the scanner yet :shame: BRB.....

OK, I've had to admit defeat with the scanner. I'll try again as soon as someone comes round who's a bit more techy savvy than moi. No point in asking DH either, he's worse than me :nuts:

Just looking at the pics again though, the Rivington def has two pockets/flaps at the front and is rectangular in shape. The Langford just has one (wider) pocket/flap thingy and loooks to be a squarer shape and slightly smaller, although no dimensions given in the description.

Right, found the thread where we got confused before

http://forum.purseblog.com/mulberry/difference-between-the-hanover-and-langham-371562.html

Hope this helps a bit, but still no difinitive proof re the 'Havana' I'm still pretty sure though that that's the name of the smaller version of the Hanover :s

Sugarspice, it sounds like what the sa has just described is the Langford, and Ali - B I'm sure that what we saw the woman at Shepton carrying was the Rivington. Did we say all this already??? Off for a lie down bow, Phew, this is hard work :lol:

Oh and in answer to the orig question, I do have a pic of the Langford in that old booklet I referred to on the previous thread. The only thing is, I've just got a new printer and I haven't worked out how to use the scanner yet :shame: BRB.....

Now, let me get this straight!
What Sugarspice has IS a Langham?
What we saw and the picture Rachiem and I posted with the 2 front pockets if the Rivington?
so WHAT is the Langford?

PLEASE find a way to post that pic Aly, its sooooooo confusing.

Now, let me get this straight!
What Sugarspice has IS a Langham?
What we saw and the picture Rachiem and I posted with the 2 front pockets if the Rivington?
so WHAT is the Langford?

PLEASE find a way to post that pic Aly, its sooooooo confusing.

What Sugarspice has IS a Langham? Not sure! S/Spice was told that was the name of her baby Hanover by an sa I believe. But, both SJ and I swear blind that when we have seen that bag IRL (ages ago I admit) that we thought it was called the Havana. I personally have never seen a bag that I'm aware of, that is called the Langham. Actually, thinking about it Sugarspice, do you have the tags from your bag?

What we saw and the picture Rachiem and I posted with the 2 front pockets if the Rivington? Yep the pic Rachie and you posted (2 front pocekts) is the Rivington and I think this is the one that lady was carrying at Shepton?

so WHAT is the Langford? The Langford is like a smaller version of the Rivington. Smaller, squarer and with only one front pocket, which extends the width of the bag.

Does that help??!! :sos:

lol sadly there were no tags with my bag as it was bought off ebay and i was sent it without tags or a dustbag.

I do think youre right in concluding what you have about the rivington and langford. We know what the hanover looks like as well so now the only confusion is about the baby hanover and whether its called a havana or langham. It may as well be called the havana im just off to call somerset!

Ok I spoke to a lovely SA at Somerset and she has confirmed that the baby hanover is called a LANGHAM!! lol I was beginning to think it may be called a havana after all!

AND.... to confirm this and clear confusion for all the mulberry girls I convinced her to send me a photocopy of the pages from their training manual for all the bags in this range (Havana leather 2007):
1) Hanover (triangular shape with shoulder handles and one front pouch)
2) Rivington (rectangular messenger with one shoulder strap + two front pouches)
3) Langford (more like the rivington, square small bag with one front pouch and the funny flaps along the side/base of bag
4) Langham (baby hanover with one front pouch)

The pics in the training manual are not coloured and are only drawings but I think will be good enough! Will post as soon as I receive the pages and have scanned them in!

Last edited:
Oh well done SS, good work!!
Langham it is then :yahoo:You were right!! And I'll post the pic of the Langford as soon as I can get it scanned. We already have the pic of the Rivington, so phew. Sorted. :sweatdrop:

What Sugarspice has IS a Langham? Not sure! S/Spice was told that was the name of her baby Hanover by an sa I believe. But, both SJ and I swear blind that when we have seen that bag IRL (ages ago I admit) that we thought it was called the Havana. I personally have never seen a bag that I'm aware of, that is called the Langham. Actually, thinking about it Sugarspice, do you have the tags from your bag?

What we saw and the picture Rachiem and I posted with the 2 front pockets if the Rivington? Yep the pic Rachie and you posted (2 front pocekts) is the Rivington and I think this is the one that lady was carrying at Shepton?

so WHAT is the Langford? The Langford is like a smaller version of the Rivington. Smaller, squarer and with only one front pocket, which extends the width of the bag.

Does that help??!! :sos:

Did we see one of these in Chocolate on the shelf at SM too? I have a feeling we did, I'm sure the one we saw didn't have 2 front pockets!

Oh WELL DONE Sugarspice!!!:woohoo::woohoo: Thanks goodness for that - its sorted!