Does anyone have a mini Brooklyn ?

weibandy

O.G.
Jan 26, 2007
I saw it in a fp store and loved it! So young and fun and kinda retro. I felt very positive towards it. Saw all the color except the purple iris which looks amazing on line. If anyone has this bag and has a review, I'd love to read it :smile:

I, too, just saw this bag at the mall about an hour ago and tried to see if there were any reviews on YouTube. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any. I love this bag in the grey!!! It reminds me of the Philip Lim small messenger bag (don't recall name of bag) and can't get it off my mind. If anyone has it, please post a review and some mods shots please.

I bought the purple iris--but I am returning it. The pebbled leather feels dry. Don't know if that is unique to the one I got or not. I am going to look at the smooth leather instead or maybe a different color.

Anyway, I liked the size and design. It looks cute as a cross body bag. It is on the smaller size but seems like it would hold the basics.

Good luck! :smile:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Can you post a mod shot when you have the time? I hope you like the smooth leather better. The grey color that I like looks gorgeous in the smooth leather.

I, too, just saw this bag at the mall about an hour ago and tried to see if there were any reviews on YouTube. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any. I love this bag in the grey!!! It reminds me of the Philip Lim small messenger bag (don't recall name of bag) and can't get it off my mind. If anyone has it, please post a review and some mods shots please.
Yes! Phillip Lim, exactly what I thought, too!

It's a very cute bag. My mom showed it to me in Macy's in the purple iris -- I'm obsessed with that color -- and I love the bag, but it's so....small.....I love "mini" bags but I'm trying to stay away from them because I had a "smaller bag phase" for awhile and now I'm out of it....I need to hold more stuff!

A tad off topic, but...I wish they'd make the purple iris in a medium-sized bag! It's either the mini Brooklyn, the mini duffle....or the medium (expensive!) saffiano Borough. Argh! Ok. Done ranting.

I've also been wanting the purple iris one... but is it just me who thinks that purple iris looks a lot like the Legacy ultraviolet color? Thoughts? :sneaky:

Purple Iris is like UV. I like this bag but the little studs/loopholes on the straps will drive me nuts.

I thought I would feel the same way! But playing with it in the store - those straps and loops seemed pretty easy to deal with. They made it so it goes on and off very easy. I do figure I probably would not bother to close them much, but the bag didn't look bad when I left them unfastened.

I tried them in the store and couldn't get them back on. I think that was not a very smart feature. I noticed in the Coach pics they were undone though so perhaps they anticipated that.

I bought it in loganberry today. I have absolutely no problem fastening the straps, but I probably won't take the time to go out of my way to do it. Just the turn lock. Gives it a slightly undone, less structured look so I am OK with that since that is my style anyway.

I bought it in loganberry today. I have absolutely no problem fastening the straps, but I probably won't take the time to go out of my way to do it. Just the turn lock. Gives it a slightly undone, less structured look so I am OK with that since that is my style anyway.

Love the Loganberry! Please post some mod shots if you have the time! Would enjoy seeing them. I spent a good long time looking at the loganberry in the store. It's nice! What do you think of the leather? Someone thought it was dry. How is yours?

Love the Loganberry! Please post some mod shots if you have the time! Would enjoy seeing them. I spent a good long time looking at the loganberry in the store. It's nice! What do you think of the leather? Someone thought it was dry. How is yours?

Of course - I'll try to take some tonight or tomorrow morning. I am not usually a "pink" person but there is something special about the loganberry and I like the matte silver hardware. The leather does not seem to dry to me, but I'll inspect it more now that you've mentioned it to me and get back to you:smile: