Does anyone have a hard time with bag colors needing to match your outfit?

I wanted to know if anyone else has this problem - I have a hard time wearing a bag that does not match my outfit color-wise. In particular, I can't wear my black bags if I'm not wearing black at all.

I would also hesitate to wear black bags with completely non-black outfits.

I am perhaps too meticulous with combining colours into my outfit. I usually try to find at least two matching items into my outfit. That is, if I have to wear a black bag, my outfit has to have something else in black. However, I try to avoid the obvious bag+shoe combination - it can be a bag combined with a scarf, a belt, a pair of gloves or what ever.

However, I have tried to expand my point of view and have recently experimented with other kinds of combinations. For example, some time ago I combined electric blue shoes and magenta bag with otherwise grey/navy outfit. Having two items that were boldly coloured, although of different colour, seemed to work with otherwise muted tones.

I guess I'm one of those girls that doesn't care too much about matching. I usually carry one bag for a week or two then switch to a different one.

Today I'm wearing a white T shirt with purple writing, blue jeans, peach heels, and a black MJ blake w/ gold hardware.

I guess I'm one of those girls that doesn't care too much about matching. I usually carry one bag for a week or two then switch to a different one.

Ditto! I'm the same way ... change off my bags once a week or two. And I don't usually care about if they match or not. All my bags are fairly neutral though so that probably helps.

I dont really care about whether it's matching too...its not a big problem for me...but I would not carry a bag colour which obviously clashes with my clothes....I think black//brown bags would go with almost everything though...:smile:

What I'm having trouble with lately is the silver jewelry/gold bag hardware clash. My favorite summery bags have a lot of gold hardware. I'm ready to leave home in the morning and then I see big gold buckles on my purse and have to change my earrings. Lunacy, I know.

I am the same way I have to match. I cant wear silver and gold together it just doesn't look right at all.

I understand what you are saying. I have a lot of black in my wardrobe thus most of my bags are black. Although, I'm working on incorporating more color. Browns can be tricky at least for me. I like my damier speedy because there are two tones of brown in it so it's a little easier to match tone esp. with shoes, KWIM?

I get what you mean...I see people with cute bags that don't coordinate at all with what they are wearing & wish I could get away with that. What I find myself doing is picking a bag at the beginning of the week and just choosing clothes/colors that week that coordinate. Like if I have a pink bag that week then it's neutral clothes for me until the next week :smile:

I do pretty much the same thing. Depending what "color mood" I'm feeling, I'll pick a bag then plan my week's wardrobe around it. Might sound silly, but it's easier for me to change clothes than it is to change bags every day:yes:

I'm old school too - I like my bag to match my shoes. That's why I love my Fendi B. Bag, it's brown and black, which are the 2 pants colors I wear, so I don't have to constantly change bags.

Hmm, good topic! I always wonder about the ladies around me, what they're thinking when they leave the house in the morning, ie do they care of their bags/shoes/clothes match? It must be nice and carefree to not worry about those things. Personally, I do. I don't wear black with brown, although I've recently been doing the black with navy thing, ever since I got my Balenciaga Plomb City. I don't have a problem mixing white gold jewelry with gold handbag hardware, though.

i thought i was the only one!!i am so glad to find fellow friends here.i leave maroon,brown,black and neutral bags in my office for those days i didnt have time to change em out at home,not so much matching perse i just cant stand clashing in my office wear.but casual wear?anythg goes! hehehhee