Does anyone have a Greta?

blivlien

O.G.
Jan 10, 2008
Specifically the Greta Satchel? I've been eyeing up one in plum. Only seen the black in real life, so can't compare the leather.

I did a search for it, but there hasn't been much chatter about it and I can't find anyone with pics.

How do you think the grainy lambskin will hold out? Do you think it'll be at risk of colour transfer like the plonge lambskin? Any other thoughts/opinions of the leather or bag itself?!

blivlien - I recently got a black Leah in lambskin and a lot of people here have told me to be careful with it - that it can get bashed and show wear if you aren't careful. I haven't used mine yet as it's a Christmas present so I can't comment myself.
I honestly don't know about colour transfer but I suspect that it is more likely to happen with the plonge leather.
I was weighing up between Leah and Greta and Leah happened to come along first. I like the Greta satchel but I don't think there have been any reveals of a Greta here yet.

lola, i saw your thread about choosing between the leah and greta! i was thinking about getting this bag in the sale, but obviously if i buy it from a mulberry store and decide to return it i can only get a credit note on sale items and there aren't many left online.

i thought the plum would be a lovely colour to replace a bright pink and purple, but this bag would make a change from the alexa as i've already got 1 (or 2!). hmmmm :confused1:

i don't recall seeing it instore recently. shall have to try and look again if i can before the sales hit, but i'm always too embarrassed to take all the stuffing out and play around with it!

I don't think you should be a bit embararrassed to play around with a bag instore. Most decent SAs will let you do it no problem. After all it's an expensive bag and you want to be sure it's the bag for you.
I didn't know that about only getting a credit note in the stores. I bought a small mabel online in the .com sale last year and returned it and was refunded the moeny to my card. Decisions, decisions!

I've bought online and been refunded in full for sale items, but i've bought sale items in store before and they said exchange or credit notes only for sale items

appleproject, the small greta tote was a lot smaller than i thought it'd be when i saw it! it's very cute though

I expected to hate Greta as I loathe fringes and tassels, however Greta in all its forms was a lovely surprise.
It is beautifully executed and the tassels sit wonderfully.
My only two quibbles were firstly price, which the sale will sort out and secondly the suggestion that the leather is vulnerable. I'm done with paying hundreds of pounds for a bag that is more endangered by my jeans than muggers.

I think the small Greta tote in two tone midnight lambskin is beautiful. Really soft, sparkly and special. But even at the sale price, it's SO expensive for a small bag. It's far and away my favourite sale piece though. I just wish the sale price was the original price! I could see £295 for it, but £695 at full price is ludicrous, and even £417 at sale price is an ouch...

I recently bought the large Greta tote in two tone midnight, and it's an absolutely gorgeous bag. The size is great for work and travel, but because the lambskin is so soft, it slouches when not fully stuffed. I also like the versatility of being able to carry it by the handles or using the long strap. I suspect you'll be able to get it on sale soon, because I picked up mine from the Mulberry shop in Manhattan for 40% off

I recently bought the large Greta tote in two tone midnight, and it's an absolutely gorgeous bag. The size is great for work and travel, but because the lambskin is so soft, it slouches when not fully stuffed. I also like the versatility of being able to carry it by the handles or using the long strap. I suspect you'll be able to get it on sale soon, because I picked up mine from the Mulberry shop in Manhattan for 40% off

Janho, pls can I add to the calls for pics pls of your two-tone Greta? And mod pics too would be v helpful.

I had my :heart: set on a mini leopard Alexa but they're soooo rare now, I may fall back on the two-tone Greta large tote if I can get one in the sale. I haven't actually tried one on though, so if you could poss post pics that would be :tup: