Does anyone go to the boutique anymore???

baglover1973

miss my frank <3
O.G.
Mar 8, 2008
Hi, just a quick little pole if you will....does anyone go and buy at the boutiques/department stores anymore...or is it all about the "bay"??? just want to get the lowdown...!! :tup:

I would go to the boutique if I could, but sadly there are none near me. I will have to wait for a business trip to NYC. The closest MJ to me is an Off 5th in Niagara Falls, about an hour and 1/2 away. And since I hate to pay full price for anything, the bay it is!

we don't have *any* mj or mbymj boutiques in the DC area. nm, nordstrom, and saks are all at least 45 minutes away from me, so i usually look on eBay. ;)
sometimes i will venture to the malls but not very often!

No MJ boutiques anywhere within driving distance of me:sad: I have a Nordies about 45 minutes away and a department store or two about an hour away that have a limited selection. I'm not in a position to go buying full price all the time, but I sure wish I could at least see bags in person - if I had a boutique in town I'd be there all the time! And I at least wish we had an Off 5th or Last Call or any of those places. I'm hoping we go to Vegas this fall so I can visit the boutique there!

I buy most of my bags when we are out of town. It is so fun to remember each trip whenever I carry that bag. No boutiques by me either. Nordies has an ok selection here. I have not yet purchased on the bay....too nervous. I need to go ahead and take the plunge!

I feel guilty saying this but I work about 3 blocks away from a boutique! I've gone a handful of times but even if I could afford the mainline MJ line I probably wouldn't buy from there unless I was POSITIVE about the purchase since the department stores have much better return policies.

I do like to go to the MBMJ store when I can (much more out of the way for me but not too bad, just across town) to check stuff out in person and to pick up the special items.

No boutiques around here. Nordie's and Saks are 15 minutes away, but the Saks MJ selection is pretty limited (about 6-8 styles at a time). The Nordie's is well stocked, though, which is bad for my wallet.
I'll buy bags from almost any department store and do a charge-send. I've done a fair share of calling bloomies, NM, and Barney's.
And, of course, I've got a bookmark on my browser for a bay search of MJ in handbags/newly listed.

I actually have a list of more frequently called bloomies and NM's, with the SA's who are more helpful.

No boutique here! Nordies is close by (Von Maur to open any day now - less than 10 min from the house!) so I have the opportunity to see & purchase MJ there. I have gotten some of my bags on *bay & some from end of season sale or promos. I stalk the sales section & wait to see if something I like pops up.

Like LizzieC, I like to shop when I am out of town. Usually a trip will be to a larger city w/ a larger selection of stores, so I will sometimes wait to purchase then. I prefer to see a bag before I buy, so I typically won't buy unless I can return. I was recently in San Fran at the end of June & got to visit the store there. It was during that "in-between" stage & there weren't a lot of the Fall 08 bags there. I had full intentions of shelling out full retail, but since there wasn't anything there calling my name I walked away empty handed. :crybaby:Even DH was shocked! :wtf:

I feel guilty saying this but I work about 3 blocks away from a boutique! I've gone a handful of times but even if I could afford the mainline MJ line I probably wouldn't buy from there unless I was POSITIVE about the purchase since the department stores have much better return policies.

I do like to go to the MBMJ store when I can (much more out of the way for me but not too bad, just across town) to check stuff out in person and to pick up the special items.

OMG you could have sleep overs!:wtf:

Rub it in kmroboto! JK--we are going to go together very soon!!!