Does anyone get any use out of the key holder in their bags?

LitaRichards

Dec 1, 2011
This is kind of a pointless thread but I thought I'd ask anyways.
I was cleaning out my Speedy and I noticed their is like a key holder on the inside next to the handle. And then I looked in my Ellipse and I noticed the same thing. Another built in key holder.
I thought it was kind of pointless but I was wondering if anyone has ever used the key holder?

The D ring? Yes, I actually love using mine. I have a set of keys that I use infrequently and hate to dig for them so I have connected them to my D ring so that I can easily find them. They hang down onto the bottom on my bag (Cabas Rivington) so they are not ever in the way, they just have a nice little leash connecting them to the D ring for my convenience.
(BTW the "leash" I use is the key ring from the Vernis Pomme Key Case. I had LV remove it so that I just use the case for credit, loyalty cards. It is sooooo much more useful to me this way. I never could adapt to using the Key Case as it came, the key chain was just long and ackward for me. But connected to the D ring it is wonderful!)

I use the key holder (I think it's called D-ring) on my Damier NF while travelling. Since it's an open bag with no top zipper, I used a zipped purse organizer insert which I hooked onto my D-ring. This helped deter theft and also prevent items from "spilling out" so to speak.

The D ring? Yes, I actually love using mine. I have a set of keys that I use infrequently and hate to dig for them so I have connected them to my D ring so that I can easily find them. They hang down onto the bottom on my bag (Cabas Rivington) so they are not ever in the way, they just have a nice little leash connecting them to the D ring for my convenience.
(BTW the "leash" I use is the key ring from the Vernis Pomme Key Case. I had LV remove it so that I just use the case for credit, loyalty cards. It is sooooo much more useful to me this way. I never could adapt to using the Key Case as it came, the key chain was just long and ackward for me. But connected to the D ring it is wonderful!)

Removing the chain is such a good idea!

I, too, thought it was useless. Then, one day I hooked my keys to the D-ring and now I always use it. No more hunting for my keys at the bottom of my bag. It seems so small and insignificant until you use it and now I prefer it.