Does anyone ever...tupperware their boy bags for travel?

catin

Jun 21, 2015
For short trips, I usually select a more structured leather tote and carry my boy bags in their dust bags. However I have a bunch of travel coming up and was considering putting them into a harder plastic case of some sort (I landed on heading to the store for some tupperware as an idea) so I could put them into a travel backpack or carry on with other items and not worry about the bags getting dinged up in the process.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

I haven't but I think this is a great idea for a short trip. Leather needs to breathe to I wouldn't leave the bags in plastic for very long at all.

Perhaps punch air holes in the Tupperware and place the bags in their dust bags inside them?
Great idea on the air holes :smile: Mainly just don't want bags to get crushed or dented by mistake during travel. I am heading to the container store to see what I can find today. Thanks!

Reactions: Sparkletastic
For short trips, I usually select a more structured leather tote and carry my boy bags in their dust bags. However I have a bunch of travel coming up and was considering putting them into a harder plastic case of some sort (I landed on heading to the store for some tupperware as an idea) so I could put them into a travel backpack or carry on with other items and not worry about the bags getting dinged up in the process.

Does anyone have any experience with this?
Omg, this is a grrrrreat idea! I have a container that I was planning to toss TODAY... and it fits my WOC perfectly!! Of course when I travel I will put it in the dustbag and add bubble wrap. So glad I ran across this thread.IMG_1918.JPG

Last edited:
This is definitely a great idea and tip! One of my purse got crushed when I was flying to Florida. Now the entire bag structure is all out of shape. Kills me looking at my purse.

OMG this is totally bringing back memories of the below! :lol:
But seriously that is definitely a good idea to alleviate fear of crushing bags during travel

View attachment 3912889
That's crazy (and why I love looking at pictures from the Chanel shows haha)...also I just got back from the container store after being that crazy gal in the kitchen aisle putting a boy bag into plastic containers at 10am in the morning. I'll post some pics soon - want to see if we have any bubble wrap kicking around the house.

Ok my husband gave me the "you're crazy" look when he saw what I was doing but here is my travel kit. :smile: I plan to get a little more bubble wrap to put on the top and bottom to reduce movement.

Attachments

• IMG_20171221_121558.jpg
    IMG_20171221_121558.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 861
  • IMG_20171221_121620.jpg
    IMG_20171221_121620.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 862
  • IMG_20171221_123039.jpg
    IMG_20171221_123039.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 888
  • IMG_20171221_122952.jpg
    IMG_20171221_122952.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 881
Omg, this is a grrrrreat idea! I have a container that I was planning to toss TODAY... and it fits my WOC perfectly!! Of course when I travel I will put it in the dustbag and add bubble wrap. So glad I ran across this thread.View attachment 3912203
Large holes should be drilled in the plastic container, as air outlets. I recommend 2 holes, 1/4 to 1/2 inch in diameter, on each side. FYI - some plastic containers cannot withstand the drilling and will crack. Air outlets are CRUCIAL to avoid damage, especially for long term storage. Also, do not "lock" the top down to seal it , as you do when storing food, doing so restricts air flow.

Last edited:
Reactions: catin
Large holes should be drilled in the plastic container, as air outlets. I recommend 2 holes, 1/4 to 1/2 inch in diameter, on each side. FYI - some plastic containers cannot withstand the drilling and will crack. Air outlets are CRUCIAL to avoid damage, especially for long term storage. Also, do not "lock" the top down to seal it , as you do when storing food, doing so restricts air flow.
This is only for short term storage during air travel to prevent smushing when I head to Europe - I definitely plan to get some holes drilled however! Thanks for the advice :smile:

This is only for short term storage during air travel to prevent smushing when I head to Europe - I definitely plan to get some holes drilled however! Thanks for the advice :smile:

I wouldn't. If the point is for storage just when it's in your suitcase, keeping the container hole-free helps lessen the chances of any water or leaking cosmetics getting onto your bag. I've had cases where I traveled on very rainy days and my suitcase must have sat outside because it came to me completely soaked, with many things inside also wet.