Does anyone else speed up........?

Jewelqueen

Jan 3, 2007
The break-in process? :sweatdrop:

I have a hard time waiting for it to happen naturally so I tend to massage them, hang from door knobs and treat them a little "rough" in the beginning...just to speed things up.

Does anyone else do this? :P

My Aqua broke in real quick from just using her a couple of times a week for a month or so. I think the warm Florida weather helps a lot! Since I'm learning this I'm trying to slow down the "breaking" in process! I love the new sturdiness of my black city. But the broken in look *sigh* is just so yummy.

Hanging sounds like a cool idea. I bet wearing it over the shoulder is much easier after they have broken in a bit!

Heck yeah! Especially my Blueberry Day, who needed some help getting over her shiny, stiff phase. I actually wrung her like a wet towel after reading descriptions here about making 06 leather more like 05 leather. it worked!

Heck yeah! Especially my Blueberry Day, who needed some help getting over her shiny, stiff phase. I actually wrung her like a wet towel after reading descriptions here about making 06 leather more like 05 leather. it worked!

Please do elaborate on this :graucho:

I also will be hard on my bbags in the beginning if I think they are too new looking. I did this with my SS giant work. I carried it every day and with ALOT of things in it. You should see it now. Its already falling into a heap which I LOVE and its got those slouch lines or leather pull marks on either sides of the handles on the bag part which I particularly love. Its like that front and back now and the handles have stretched a bit.

Anyway, back to the bag wringing. You were saying?

I am so guilty of this. I loaded up my city and let it hang on a hook when I couldn't carry her. I also was a little rough with her and now it has amazing leather and the handles fit on my shoulder now.

I looove to massage and caress my bbags! Sometimes after putting lotion on my hands, I'll put a little of the residue on the dry spots. I also hung the bags on doorknobs with heavy things inside and even tugged on them a little.