Does Anyone Else Prefer Short Fingernails?

I keep mine short as well. It's out of habit since my piano teacher used to preach about keeping short nails (so your nails don't make that click clack sound on the ivory keys).

This is the best pic I could get. They are pretty short to me! Are yours shorter?

IMG_3692.jpg

I keep mine about this length too, I hate when they're longer.

I actually have long fingers, pretty strong nails and long nailbeds so my nails look good when they are painted or french manicured. But I always find that the paint peels or chips because I type a lot at work and I am very active (work out at the gym, softball every week, snowboarding in winter). So I prefer my nails to be shorter other wise they are just a nuisance to me :rolleyes: Other than that, I cant effectively bite my nails short, they rarely split or chip, and they actually grow pretty fast.

I can't stand short short nails or super long nails. Mine are in between, and they are ALWAYS polished. Even if it's clear polish, it has a hint of pink, kind of like the shade you get for french manicures.

I used to hate short nails when I was little, because I had to keep them short for piano while all the other girls grew their nails out and did french tips! Nowadays, I love short nails...maybe it's because I've been obsessed with dark nail polish recently and I just think shorter nails and dark nail polish go well together.

I cut my nails about 2 weeks as well and its like really short. The only time i had long nails was when i got my free acrylic nail session and it lasted one week when i decided that its not even worth it if i wash my hair so carefullly!