Does Anyone Else Prefer Short Fingernails?

Leelee

Up On My Toes!
Jun 6, 2006
Highland, Maryland
I'm sure I am in the minority here (or maybe I'm the only one), but I have never been able to tolerate even a moderate length of finger nail. Since I was a child I've always kept them short (but tidy).

Anyone else like me?

QueenOfDa702

Ma to the d@mn D-E-A
O.G.
Jan 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I keep mine fairly short too. Im not sure if they are as short as you are referring though. I do them myself, and keep they short and square. Ill take a picture lol.

itsnicole

Aug 3, 2006
I prefer short nails too. I do them myself, and keep them short. They are just easier for me to maintain, and I think they look better on me than longer nails.

alexis77

Adopt a Greyhound!
O.G.
Apr 8, 2007
I also prefer short nails. Like preppy--I paint them dark in fall/winter and pale colors in summer/spring. I think short nails look more chic.

ellacoach

Feb 24, 2007
the Northeast
I also keep my nails short...shorter even than Val's in her picture. I think shorter nails look more modern when you polish them, and I just can't tolerate any kind of length to them. I just don't think it looks good for me.

Night Jasmine

Sep 1, 2007
Hi ladies :smile: I'd thought I was the only one too! Evidently I was wrong. My DB loves the look of longer nails but I don't care for them. I think shorter nails are definitely more chic, not to mention much more cleaner and works better with my lifestyle.

Booga1003

I LVOE IT TOO! RUFF
O.G.
Jan 14, 2007
Florida
i love my nails short. i hate having long nails. I think dark colors look so much better with short nails.

yeuxhonnetes

Resting B!tch Personality
O.G.
Feb 20, 2006
Larnaca, Cyprus
sandrafoo.com
i've been playing the piano and violin ever since i was about 5 or 6, so i've had short nails my entire life. i cut them every 2 weeks so they're perpetually short. i tried keeping them REALLY long before, and they miraculously never broke, but i couldn't do anything with them, so i cut them all off in the end :P