Does anyone else have pekingese for pets?

Sabinalynn

Bag obsessed
O.G.
Dec 17, 2007
I have 2 pekingese that are my babies and I love dearly. I feel like pekingese are a fairly rare breed compare to other breeds. Does anyone else own pekingese? Can you post pics? Attached are pics of my babies:smile:

Attachments

• n507686602_1458091_9237.jpg
    n507686602_1458091_9237.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 600
  • n507686602_1012142_4886.jpg
    n507686602_1012142_4886.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 483
  • sakiandmaui.jpg
    sakiandmaui.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 1,849
Sabinalynn, your babies are adorable!!

I have one pekingese named Oreo. He's 9 years old, and he is the sweetest and most laid-back dog I have ever met. Here are a few pics...

Oreo, after getting a haircut...
oreo3.jpg

Doing what he does best... begging for food...
oreo1.jpg

Relaxing with one of his favorite toys, his rubber (elvis) chicken...
oreo2.jpg

I have a Peik. His name is Lightining. He's a hoot. Just like Oreo he begs, and does a good job cause I give in and give him a treat. He actully kind of bullies our 2 German Shepherds. not so cute. Like kelbel35 we cut his hair too. If I knew how to post a picture I would.

I have 2 pekingese that are my babies and I love dearly. I feel like pekingese are a fairly rare breed compare to other breeds. Does anyone else own pekingese? Can you post pics? Attached are pics of my babies:smile:

You babies are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! I saw white one last week while walking my Mia...that pekingese was also very very cute and friendly!! I really like the Pekingese look! :smile:

I do too! Mine is officially named Ziyi but American usually mistake it for Ziggie which is ok. She responds to both, Ziyi and Ziggie oh sometimes Zigg. I'll try to post some pics. My bf always says she looks like a lion dance hahaha.

Had one growing up...mean as a snake! Probably cause I was young and sneaky...anyhow. I think they're cute and would own one now.

When I was a kid, I felt that the #1 breed in my neighborhood was the peke followed by the Pomeranian.

I never liked them as a kid, finding them yappy and NIPPY. Those were the dogs that would run out of their houses and chase kids.

You could hear their high pitch voices all day long.

But I've also met sweet pekes who love to do nothing more than snuggle with you. So I'm inclined to think that Pekes are great dogs, but certain humans are just bad owners!!! :smile:

Yeah, this was a dog my mom took for someone and she only liked her. I was really young, like 3 or 4, so I really didn't care. I would rather look for some legos or lincoln logs to play with than to play with her.

awww there is so much cuteness in this thread!

i don't have a peke, but my good friend does, as do 3 people on my block alone, so i get to see a lot of them! they are so cute.