Does anyone else hate clowns?

Twinklette said:
HUGELY hate clowns and have since I was little. What really put me over the top was the clown in Poltergeist that came alive OMG and the IT clown in the Stephen King movie w/the razor blade teeth. EEEEEK lol.

TOTALLY POLTERGEIST!!!! I think I still have nightmares about it!!!!!!:throwup: Kristy

Michele said:
I hate clowns, as well as the circus.

I too loathe and despise ALL clowns and anything directly or indirectly related, or in proximity to, clowns or anything clownlike...including (but not limited to) the circus (smells), sideshows, or areas of amusement parks frequented by clowns, restaurants (or anyplace else) with clown themes, brands of things that use a clown as a logo (jumbo straws, party favors, etc.), clown related candy (circus peanuts, cotton candy), clown shoes & apparatus (squirty flowers, colorful scarves, unicycles), clown songs (Tears of a Clown, Send in the Clowns, etc.), ...how about that damn clown with the striped legs in the kid's room in Poltergeist? Oh, man! I'm with you guys, DOWN WITH CLOWNS! :yucky:

Sick4Marc said:
I too loathe and despise ALL clowns and anything directly or indirectly related, or in proximity to, clowns or anything clownlike...including (but not limited to) the circus (smells), sideshows, or areas of amusement parks frequented by clowns, restaurants (or anyplace else) with clown themes, brands of things that use a clown as a logo (jumbo straws, party favors, etc.), clown related candy (circus peanuts, cotton candy), clown shoes & apparatus (squirty flowers, colorful scarves, unicycles), clown songs (Tears of a Clown, Send in the Clowns, etc.), ...how about that damn clown with the striped legs in the kid's room in Poltergeist? Oh, man! I'm with you guys, DOWN WITH CLOWNS! :yucky:

But how do you really feel?:roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

LOL! I thought I was the only person bothered by clowns... I'm totally ok w/ clowns IRL, it's just scary movie psychotic clowns that give me nightmares. I think it was seeing IT when I was a kid that did it...

There's a term for fear of clowns - Coulrophobia.
I don't hate clowns myself and I look at them the same as mimes. Their faces are covered with paint and their eyes seem to appear more revealing and intense. I grew up watching Bozo the Clown and Ronald McDonald and went to the circus often as a child so these were all happy memories for me. However one thing that always freaks me out a bit is the ventriloquist's dummy. Now, that's freaky!!!

I hate clowns & I really, really hate camping!

When I was a teenager, a boyfriend talking me into going camping.

Reading Stephen King's "IT" in a tent in the middle of nowhere by flashlight was a BAD idea:wtf:
Robyn

They are VERY creepy. When I was young, they didn't bother me, and then I think around 4th grade I saw IT... and I've seriously never been able to tolerate them since. I remember my parents wanting to take me to the circus and I just started crying and they didn't get why - they didn't know I had seen the movie - but either way, I have grown up to really really dislike them and they totally creep me out. You are not weird at all!

I also hate clowns! They are the scarriest things ever!! If I see one at a carnival or fair, I run away almost about to cry! Everyone laughs at me, but I don't think that its funny or clowns are funny. I can't understand why little kids would like to be around them when they are the most horrifying things on the planet!