Does anyone else hate being pregnant?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. i too have never been pregnant but i want to have kids in the next few years or so, and while i really really really want to have kids, i am TERRIFIED of being pregnant.. thing is, my mother had very rough pregnancies... i was almost 6 when my brother was born, and all i remember from that age is my mom puking pretty much every day she was pregnant. she pretty much had morning sickness all day, every day of her pregnancy, both times!! i remember when i was kid, i had always told others that i never wanted to have kids because i didn't want to be throwing up all the time (lol). oh and to make things worse, my mom ended up having appendicitis when she was 5 mo along, which made her even more ill...

the only saving grace for my mother was that she had a _very_ easy delivery both times (when i was born, she was only in labor for 1/2 an hour, she just had to push a few times and she described the pain as "not that bad, just like period cramps"). :shrugs:

so anyways, even tho i know that not everyone gets morning sickness (and even those who do, only have it for first trimester), i am still scared that will have the same exp as my mom, and i don't think i will be strong enough to handle that. esp since i will be working a full-time job, and i imagine it would be quite difficult to stay focused during meetings when you're trying to concentrate on not retching your guts out....