does anyone else feel this way?

I talked to a few Drs and they think the situation will last at least 10 years, so far what they know is that about 1/3rd of the population seem to be immune, but they couldn't figure out why they do not catch the virus, as long as that is not clear, it is a massive hindrance in finding a vaccine, then it takes time - you got the rabid anti-vaxers - I don't think we see normality returning soon, and that is without a mutation of the virus.
Sometimes when memories pop up on my FB, I just think "Wow, yes, only a year ago life was different"
Gosh, I really hope not. My husband is running two clinical trials on COVID medcations that ARE WORKING. One is Eli Lilly and the other is Regeneron. Both trials are in Los Angeles and preliminary results show that both drugs reduce the viral load in patients who have recently been diagnosed with COVID and not yet hospitalized or on a vent. Both drugs have requested emergency authorization use in the US. With regard to vaccines, we believe that either Pfizer and Moderna will have an approved vaccine by the end of November. The reason we will not return back to normal in the US is because not everyone will have access to the vaccines until about Spring 2021. In addition, there is a huge percentage of Americans who will refuse to take the vaccine. As a precaution, we may have to wear masks into the Fall of 2021 as more people either get vaccinated or become immune because they got sick. I do believe that COVID is a problem for the foreseeable future. We may need to have a yearly COVID vaccine the way we have our seasonal flu shot.

I bought a new Fendi lamb skin baguette and it is sitting in my closet on display. The color is bright and beautiful and whenever I see it I smile and think of future bright beautiful days. I also have a 16 week old puppy and if he could get his teeth into it he would in a heartbeat. So purse wise my life is on hold. However the colors and shapes still make me happy.

Another post I have agonised over. Sorry to be so serious:

One of the problems we now face is societal attitudes towards generations. This started some time ago when “boomer” became an insult, when gen X hated baby boomers, when gen Y hated gen x, and when millennials hated everyone.

We had created an “I want it now“ culture in X, Y and Millennials. Behavioural economists will tell you that more than anything else, this IWIN culture was the primary cause of the GFC. Young people wanted the BMW, the 3 bed condo with the water views, and they thought that they were entitled to it. So they borrowed.

I knew 18 year old office juniors with $7000 Rolex watches, bought on credit, and no chance of paying it back. ”Buy now, pay later”, “no repayments until 2010”, “ “interest free loans”, “interest only mortgages” kept the consumer economy expanding at the expense of common sense.

That IWIN flowed though to most parts of life. I worked with young graduates who expected a corner office and the executive lifestyle on the strength of a third rate degree. They wanted overseas holidays to somewhere exotic and remote. They floated down cambodian rivers with a beer in each hand.

This selfish societal attitude now shows up in social distancing and isolation. Anyone under 30 fails to see why they cannot live the life, go clubbing, go overseas etc. The fact that Covid will kill anyone over 50 and anyone with health problems doesn't seem to worry them. They want the lifestyle and they want it now.

And we created that attitude in them.

One of the problems we now face is societal attitudes towards generations. This started some time ago when “boomer” became an insult, when gen X hated baby boomers, when gen Y hated gen x, and when millennials hated everyone.

We had created an “I want it now“ culture in X, Y and Millennials. Behavioural economists will tell you that more than anything else, this IWIN culture was the primary cause of the GFC. Young people wanted the BMW, the 3 bed condo with the water views, and they thought that they were entitled to it. So they borrowed.

I knew 18 year old office juniors with $7000 Rolex watches, bought on credit, and no chance of paying it back. ”Buy now, pay later”, “no repayments until 2010”, “ “interest free loans”, “interest only mortgages” kept the consumer economy expanding at the expense of common sense.

That IWIN flowed though to most parts of life. I worked with young graduates who expected a corner office and the executive lifestyle on the strength of a third rate degree. They wanted overseas holidays to somewhere exotic and remote. They floated down cambodian rivers with a beer in each hand.

This selfish societal attitude now shows up in social distancing and isolation. Anyone under 30 fails to see why they cannot live the life, go clubbing, go overseas etc. The fact that Covid will kill anyone over 50 and anyone with health problems doesn't seem to worry them. They want the lifestyle and they want it now.

I don’t think it’s appropriate to categorize all younger generations in such a manner. There are plenty of younger generations (ie: working in health care) that understand and experience first hand the frustration. It’s the society as a whole both old and young that needs to be more empathetic of others.

But back to the original post. It is sad to see our beautiful purchases sitting in our closet unused. I say use them even if you are just running errands or going for a drive. There are plenty of people posting “which chanel/Hermès/lv purse is sitting in your passenger seat” photos. I love looking at them. Using my purses makes me happy. 2020 has been a sad year for many of us, myself included. We have to hold on to the little things that make us happy.

Not to be antagonistic but the vast majority of individuals that I see without masks are well over their 50s and I can't explain it. This might simply reflect the differences in the societies and regions that we live in though.

It is sad to see our beautiful purchases sitting in our closet unused. I say use them even if you are just running errands or going for a drive. There are plenty of people posting “which chanel/Hermès/lv purse is sitting in your passenger seat” photos. I love looking at them. Using my purses makes me happy. 2020 has been a sad year for many of us, myself included. We have to hold on to the little things that make us happy.
This is so nice! I love this post!
@LemonDrop, I think the color of your fendi bag is fantastic and I can imagine your new puppy perking up and thinking what a gorgeous new chewable toy!
@captaincustard, I’m an older gen X, tipping towards boomer and I haven’t really experienced the antagonism between generations, but agree with @Christofle that it may be very different depending on ones society and region.
with covid, and MIL serious health crisis (not covid related) and the state of affairs in the US, I find that I rely more and more time on TPF for positive, upbeat stuff.

Last edited:
I have traded my Chanel for a Jansport backpack that I take to work every day because crime has gone up where I live. If I don't bring my backpack with me I go without any bag/purse/wallet. I've been mugged and robbed before and I'm paranoid about it happening again.
I seriously thought you meant you did a trade with someone for your Chanel! LOL

@LemonDrop, I think the color of your fendi bag is fantastic and I can imagine your new puppy perking up and thinking what a gorgeous new chewable toy!
@captaincustard, I’m an older gen X, tipping towards boomer and I haven’t really experienced the antagonism between generations, but agree with @Christofle that it may be very different depending on ones society and region.
with covid, and MIL serious health crisis (not covid related) and the state of affairs in the US, I find that I rely more and more time on TPF for positive, upbeat stuff.
The reason I mentioned that is because we have an aging population in my region so you are going to see far more middle age and older individuals on the street.

Therefore the population is skewed in such a way to visually over represent that age group. I’m seeing a lot of 50+ without masks but that might simply be because I have a higher chance to encounter them from the get-go.

Anyways... back to topic!

I haven’t had much use for my bags lately...However I still take them off the shelf to wear them around the house as a way to reminisce about happier times.

I am probably luckier than others though, since my work bubble includes only four people so I’m not forced to interact with too many strangers.

I really feel for those that need to use public transport in this current world.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: RT1, Evia and 880

Thank you for your kind message! I also go on the purseforum for the upbeat and positive stuff and feel happy for others when they have their beauty to share!

Thank you for your kind message! I also go on the purseforum for the upbeat and positive stuff and feel happy for others when they have their beauty to share!
Yes! Please, everybody, do not give up hope. The biotech community is working very hard to make sure that we bring an end to this pandemic as soon as possible. The scientists and doctors also have elderly parents that we have not seen in months and we are terrified that they will pass alone before the vaccine allows us to hug them again. We are just weeks away at this point. In the meantime, strap your mask on, wear your Hermes Birkin to the grocery store, put on your Chanel tennis shoes and those new Hermes sweats that they are selling for the first time. There is no better time than now. Why not?

Excellent post you have hit the nail on the head stand back for all the dissenters who see themselves here and won't like it but it doesn't make it less true sadly

i'm a teacher who's working remote this year. in some ways, it's great, but in others, not so much...i'm not buying new clothes, makeup or getting my hair done (don't ask...)..so, i've bought some bags that i've been lusting after...the thing is, i don't have anywhere to wear them...they're sitting in my closet and not being used....because of risk factors, we've only socially distanced with friends a few times, outside with masks (don't need a bag then) and we go for long drives on the weekend for a change of scenery...i'm so ready for all of this to be over and some days it feel like it never will be...so, for those of you who aren't going out that much, what are you doing with the bags you love? thanks....
Sending hugs! I completely know how you feel. It has been so hard! :hugs:

Yes! Please, everybody, do not give up hope. The biotech community is working very hard to make sure that we bring an end to this pandemic as soon as possible. The scientists and doctors also have elderly parents that we have not seen in months and we are terrified that they will pass alone before the vaccine allows us to hug them again. We are just weeks away at this point. In the meantime, strap your mask on, wear your Hermes Birkin to the grocery store, put on your Chanel tennis shoes and those new Hermes sweats that they are selling for the first time. There is no better time than now. Why not?

Absolutely agree... science is working around the clock all over the world & yes, wear your masks, have a dress up night
(date), make a party for your kids & enjoy whatever makes you happy & remember to be kind to others who may
not be as fortunate as many of us are.. Emotional support is so important & needed for those who are struggling...

Absolutely agree... science is working around the clock all over the world & yes, wear your masks, have a dress up night
(date), make a party for your kids & enjoy whatever makes you happy & remember to be kind to others who may
not be as fortunate as many of us are.. Emotional support is so important & needed for those who are struggling...
Today we have great news regarding the Pfizer vaccine. Clinical trial data shows that it is 90% effective in preventing COVID, which is significant. If everyone is vaccinated, this vaccine will wipe out this disease the way the measles vaccine wipes out measles for those who are vaccinated. The timeline for data is 1 week to 10 days for all of the data to come in, emergency authorization by the FDA by mid-December, by end of December the vaccine will be available to select groups such as medical providers because there are only about 25 million doses available. (2 doses needed, actual 50 Million vaccines) This is Pfizer only. There is also Moderna that is developing a similar MRNA vaccine that we anticipate is on a similar timeline. The end is in sight!

Last edited:
for those of you who aren't going out that much, what are you doing with the bags you love?
When shelter in place was first put into effect in NYC, DH and I completely self isolated for 6 or 8 weeks. The bags went with me from room to room. 8 sent some off to @docride spa and made outfits with some ( as incentive to diet and exercise back into my IRL clothes). After I started to venture out for errands etc., I wore my bags, even if it meant I kept my cc in my cargo pants pocket and didn’t actually open them. . . It just made me feel more normal to carry a bag. I still wear gannett spf washable touch screen gloves. I don’t wipe my bags down bc they never get set doen anywhere or touched by anyone else. HTH, hugs